Custom DIY designed Funk Audio built subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Looking to get rid of a large vented enclosure that I designed many years ago and was built to spec by Nathan Funk at Funky Waves Audio. This cab was very costly to make and uses the highest quality materials throughout. It is a very large EBS design with a tuning near 12Hz. The port system is a power port type patented by Polk audio many many years back and is based on a 10" diameter pipe with a 3" diameter flow guide, 1.5" flares and 3.5" tall 17" diameter flow guides both external and internal. The cabinet is constructed of probably 4 full sheets of void free 13ply BB. The veneer is bubinga. there are custom bolt on handles and grille, casters, speakon connector, etc. The cabinet is very extensively braced and is well lined. This is a VERY large cabinet at about 69x22x42" and with a weight of 250-300lbs or so. The cab will come loaded with an RE Audio MX18 D2 driver. This cabinet cutout only fits the RE Audio XXX18 and MX18 unless modified. The driver and vented cabinet system have both been tested and all of the information is available at Data-Bass. The driver used was a XXX for the cabinet tests but the results should be close with a few dB of each other with a slight bit of maximum output given up on the bottom end with the MX. The MX driver is in working condition and looks good cosmetically. The cab does have one large streak on the front from dye that could be fixed and a few scratches or small dings from moving it.

$500 gets the cabinet loaded with the MX18 driver. Local pickup only. I will not entertain shipping this beast unless I am made an offer I can't refuse. The cabinet alone could not be built for $500 and the MX18 driver is more than $500 by itself. I simply have no use for the cabinet or this driver anymore and I want someone to give them a good home. It would be a shame if they sat in my garage gathering dust. I hope someone on a budget who doesn't care about a large sub can make room for this big guy. Add an EP4000 amplifier and you can have a space filling sub bass system for under $800 total.

Thanks for looking. I am in Louisville KY area. smile.gif
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page