Home Theater Package in NY --Harmon Kardon 235 receiver Ascend CBM 170 (pair) CMT 340 center, acoustech H100 sub Bundle - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, haven't been here for awhile, but the last time I was I scoured the forums for hours, and based on the recommendations here -- I put together the following home theater audio system. This was in 2006-2007ish.

Harman Kardon 235 (HK-235) Receiver
Ascend Acoustics CBM 170 bookshelf speakers (I don't believe these are the SE model)
Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 Center Channel
Acoustech H100 Subwoofer (500 watts front firing)
Nice quality speaker stands for the CBM 170's (not sure of the name, they hide the cords in the stands, pretty nice quality)

Sorry for crappy phone pics, but I will point out any flaws. Any streaks, lines etc are just the phone and reflections. For example the HK looks brand new in person... nice blue hue to volume and power buttons.

These components would cost new:
HK 235 $290
CBM 170 pair $328/pair
CMT-340 $298
Stands (2) $75
Acoustech H100 Subwoofer: $279

Total: $1270

My general rule is 50% discount for used. I'll even do a little better, $600 flat for the whole package, you pick up.

Everything works just like the day I bought it, really an amazing sound quality, and far more than I really need. Plus I now have 4 kids under the age of 4, so I need to down size my HT to a soundbar.

Known issues. One CBM 170 was dropped on moving date and broke the woofer. I got a replacement from Ascend, so that speaker has a brand new woofer. The speaker cabinet has a "charactor mark" on the top corner, pic included.

Acoustech Sub has a "character mark" top corner, very small, pic attached. Also has a hair thin scratch on top of the piano black cabinet about 3 inches long. Very minor stuff but the ONLY way to sell something online between strangers is to tell the whole truth about what you are selling.

All componets work flawlessly, welcome to bring your favorite tune and crank it up.

I would be willing to trade for a nice soundbar (like ysp-2200, polk, yamaha, etc) or similar quality. (I'm getting old, what can I say...) Otherwise cash is king.

I'll leave this up for a week or two, then I'll part out and ship, but really prefer local pick up.

Email me at brokernewyork@gmail.com, or call 203 561-4340, I won't be checking AVS that often but PM's should get to me, but better to email or call.

I'll throw in all speaker wire (good stuff), cables, whatever you need to get up and running.

Item is located in White Plains, NY My ebay handle is brokernewyork if you need references, I'm an honest seller. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-31-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bump
Reply Audio Gear

Tags
Ascend Acoustics Cbm 170 Se

User Tag List