Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This is NOT a working unit.

I am not a tech, but I really don't think it's a big-cost fix. Below is what I told Emotiva and their response.

Me:
"
I use (and have been for 4-5 years) a Yamaha receiver with pre-outs going to the LPA-1. With or without the power-on trigger cable connected, this is what happens:
- powers on, lights 1 through 7 turn on one after the other in red, then they all turn steady blue and I hear sound for 1 or 2 seconds, after which I hear the usual power-off "click," the sound goes off. After the power-off click, channel 6, 7 and the power button light blink together (6+7 blink red, power button blinks orange).

No connections are (have ever been) made to channels 6 and 7 on the LPA-1. Only channels 1 through 5 are being used.

I tried full power cycle with hard button on the back on and off, disconnect power, etc. Still same problem.
"

Emotiva email:
"per an email there is nothing unfortunately that can be recommended. We would need to test the LPA-1 here to determine the cause of the failure inside of the LPA-1"
Emotiva RMA ticket problem description:
"Goes into protection will not output audio"

Ideally, this will go to a Memphis, TN area. Local folk: cash is ok. We'll meet, you pay, you get theLPA-1.

If you're not local, I will ship it. It's ready to go in original double box. If you want it shipped, send me a FedEx label by email. If you want to figure out a shipper's quote, the origin zip is 38119, dimensions are 23"x23"x12" and the UPS label from 5 years ago says 76lbs!!!! For non-local buyers, you need to pay me through paypal. I'll email you my paypal email address.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by radu View Post

Hi,

This is NOT a working unit.

I am not a tech, but I really don't think it's a big-cost fix. Below is what I told Emotiva and their response.

Me:
"
I use (and have been for 4-5 years) a Yamaha receiver with pre-outs going to the LPA-1. With or without the power-on trigger cable connected, this is what happens:
- powers on, lights 1 through 7 turn on one after the other in red, then they all turn steady blue and I hear sound for 1 or 2 seconds, after which I hear the usual power-off "click," the sound goes off. After the power-off click, channel 6, 7 and the power button light blink together (6+7 blink red, power button blinks orange).

No connections are (have ever been) made to channels 6 and 7 on the LPA-1. Only channels 1 through 5 are being used.

I tried full power cycle with hard button on the back on and off, disconnect power, etc. Still same problem.
"

Emotiva email:
"per an email there is nothing unfortunately that can be recommended. We would need to test the LPA-1 here to determine the cause of the failure inside of the LPA-1"
Emotiva RMA ticket problem description:
"Goes into protection will not output audio"

Ideally, this will go to a Memphis, TN area. Local folk: cash is ok. We'll meet, you pay, you get theLPA-1.

If you're not local, I will ship it. It's ready to go in original double box. If you want it shipped, send me a FedEx label by email. If you want to figure out a shipper's quote, the origin zip is 38119, dimensions are 23"x23"x12" and the UPS label from 5 years ago says 76lbs!!!! For non-local buyers, you need to pay me through paypal. I'll email you my paypal email address.

Cheers!

PM'D you.
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page