Twin BFM THT Low Profile subs with two Dayton SA230 AMPS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-08-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Eh. lets blow these out. $350 + a 6 pack of good beer for each sub/amp set. thats $700 for everything.

you cannot even buy the driver and amp for that price!!

Due to some complications with the layout of my basement, i am selling these before they even get to be used down there. I did use one in my living room for a while and they are great subs. I wanted them to blend in to their surroundings so i trimmed them and painted them to look like columns. They turned out great.

they are the 24.5" wide versions. The total dimensions are 72.25" x 26.25" x 19". That's at the biggest points rounded up to nearest 1/4"

They are made with 1/2" Arauco plywood, PL Premium adhesive, 10-32 hurrican nuts and #10-32 x 1-1/2" Black Machine security head Screws.

The trim is 1/2" Arauco ply with a 1/2" trim piece. the trim is not glued to the subs so it can be removed. its attached with a brad nailer so it is very secure if you wish to keep it on.

I used the Dayton RSS390HF-4 driver with these and they are each powered by their own Dayton SA230 sub amp. Great match up. The amps look very nice and have plenty of power.

You can see by the pictures that they look great, however the backs are not as perfect so i am including some pictures of the backs. I used bondo to fill in a 1/4" gap on one of them instead of trimming the edge so the overall depth would not be effected. The top lip panel was trimmed a bit curved on one of them and i left the binding posts on when i painted, so that area could look better as well. These are very minor and obviously dont have any effect on the performance but youll want to know that.

here are some build threads on them:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438536/dual-thtlp-architectural-series#post_22584862

Heres one from the BFM site. (hope its ok to link it). posting this because i describe an issue about not applying pl to a joint and how i fixed it. I did get the joint to open up and pushed pl into it, so i can assure you there is no problem with it. super strong joint. no leaks.

http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=18514

$350 + a 6 pack of good beer/B]

Im only asking the price i paid for the parts, so i think this is an incredible deal. Local pickup from 48187 only. Thanks for checking them out!

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Eh. lets blow these out. $350 + a 6 pack of good beer for each sub/amp set. thats $700 for everything.

you cannot even buy the driver and amp for that price!!

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page