SOLD - Velodyne DD-15 Digital Drive servo subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Offered for sale, a Velodyne DD-15 Digital Drive servo subwoofer in cherry. One of the fastest, most powerful subwoofers available. Comprehensive on-screen setup and remote control.

THX Ultra2 Certified
Patented ERS 'Class D' power amplifier, 1,250 watt RMS
Remote control with six custom presets, night mode
Driver: 15" forward firing Kevlar-reinforced resin
Frequency response: 15 Hz - 120 Hz +/- 3 dB

Velodyne DD-15 spec sheet
Digital Drive series user manual

$1,400.00 FIRM plus shipping (add 3% for PayPal) NOTE: Shipping weight is 100 lbs.

Includes box and packing, user manual, remote control, and calibration microphone kit.

"For starters, the on-board DSP room correction system is well thought out and intuitive. Having on screen display (composite and S-Video) makes the interface very user friendly. I hate reading manuals; I didn't with the Velodyne.

The on-board "SMS-1" allows for a total of 6 different memories to be stored. I have set-up theaters that have a mode for the specific sweat spot, another for a blend from the top and bottom tier. If you need a little more "oomph" you can relax the servo in 10% increments adding as much as 3db (50% more output).

For those who do not know, the servo is a feedback loop that is hooked into the microprocessor to test its exact location 16,000 times a second. That feedback loop stops the driver from over or under shooting the desired location; hence the distortion is under one percent. Typical subs generate more than 10% distortion.

Those who critique the "servo sound" (I am not one f them) can relax the servo by dialing it back or even off. This also increased the effeciency and allows for more SPL output (up to 3DB). I use this as a memory mode as well (dialed back servo). So if you feel you are on the edge of needing more "woofage" you can dial back the servo to pick up as much as 3DB or 50% increase."

Calibrations Inc.
Indianapolis, IN

Photo Research PR-655 spectroradiometer equipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the DD-15 have speaker line level in's and out's?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Still available?