Theta Digital Miles CD Player - NEW LOWER PRICE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Theta Digital Miles CD player for sale. This is the single ended version, in black. Original MSRP was about $2200. I would love to get $600 for this, but will strongly consider all offers - please try me!

I am the original owner. I don't have the original packaging, manual, or remote control. I will double box and insure the unit if shipping is required.

Cosmetically, the face plate and back have no obvious damage or scratches. The top does have some scratches and other imperfections. Please see the photos, which I believe make the cosmetics look worse than they are in person.

Functionally, this player works great. The Miles has an analog pre-amp stage, which means you can connect this directly to a power amplifier for a very basic, high end CD system. Of course, it can also be connected to your pre-amp or receiver for a more conventional setup. Aside from the single ended outputs, it also has a coax digital output if you would prefer to use this as a digital transport only.

One item of note: when this unit is disconnected from power, the pre-amp resets to "-25", which means if you are connecting it to a conventional pre-amp or receiver, you need to turn the Miles's pre-amp up to "00". Likewise, if you are connecting this to a power amp, you will need the ability to control the output up and down using the Miles's internal pre-amp. This can only be accomplished via remote. As such, you will need a remote with built in Theta commands to use this player. The Logitech Harmony line works fine, which is what I use. I suspect anyone looking at this player will have an adequate remote for this.

Thanks very much for looking!
Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page