Kenwood KM-X1000 Amplifier and DIY Audio FIRE SALE - Reduced Prices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Price reduction and spell check!

Im trying to sell off quite a bit of my old projects I have lying around. Everything works fine. All blemishes are either shown or described. I would like to keep things as pickup only. A lot of these pieces are a little bit heavy, and nothing is of extremely high value. I can negotiate shipping of someone really wants it. I'm located near downtown Chicago and easily accessible by public transport.

Infinity SM Video Center Channel. One small corner scratch which has been covered by black sharpie and is invisible. 2 6.5" woofers, 1" polycell tweeter. Perfect grill. $75

Parts express Class A/B subwoofer amplifier. I'm unsure of the model number. However it draws 300W from the wall according to the label. I'm guessing this is 125 W at 8 ohms, and 200 watts at 4 ohms. It was not used much. $45

Kenwood KM-X1000 Stereo Amplifier. 130 W x 2 @ 8 ohms, 270 W bridged 8 ohms. Excellent amplifier $175

Original Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 Cone has small ding and is missing 2" of the shiny black stuff around the woofer. Installed in a 1 cu. ft. box finished in cherry veneer and included grill. Some veneer is missing on the top. The woofer needs remounted because the seal of the box is not 100% anymore. This woofer lived its life inside. The sound quality is extremely musical. It far exceeds my Tempest in music quality. In the small box a decent bass boost is needed to get flat response, however this sub will play loud enough is smaller rooms at any frequency. The box is 3/4" MDF with at least a doubled front baffle. Cover it up and throw it in a car, or clean it up and throw it in a corner. Its an excellent quality aluminum sub with outstanding build quality. $100 everything. Separate, ask me.

Custom built Dipole or Bipole surround sounds speakers. Dark oak stain with adjustable angled wall mounts included. Two 1" silk dome tweeters and two 4" kevlar midranges per speaker. 3/4" MDF construction with separate chambers per side. Crossover construction is Solen capacitors, Goertz copper air core inductors. They feel like bricks. in good shape but just not amazingly beautiful to begin with. All high quality parts. They sound clear and are plenty adequate for surround sound. $100.

Custom built bookshelf speakers, sealed. 1" Seas 27TDFC tweeters, 7" Adire Extremis woofers. Solen Caps, Goertz air core copper inductors. Parts express TW-0.75CH Cherry cabinets. No scratches. My circle jig scratched the BREX baffles, so if you want them to look pretty, this needs redone. Retail on tweeters is $50 each, speaker boxes $125, decent 7" woofers, $80 each, crossovers, $30 each. I will do buy one get one... minus a little. $200. Bass is not spectacular, as these woofers never really lived up to their hype imho. However mids and highs are amazing with this pair. I replaced them with definitive mythos 4's for aesthetic reasons and the new speakers do not sound as nice. One speaker grill cloth is a little loose for whatever reason. Again $200. Its like getting the PE boxes for a little less than list, and getting a pile of great parts to play with for free.

Also, speaker stands for the fronts ... 24" tall.. $30.

That is all for now. All of these things are OBO, so throw some numbers at me. Ask questions.
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page