Onkyo TX-NR905 (Silver) THX Ultra 2 7.1 Channel A/V Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my Onkyo TX-NR905 in Silver. I had sold it to my best friend back in late 2008, early 2009 as I was an Onkyo dealer back then. Back in 2011 he upgraded to the 5008 (Which I also sold him) and I took this as a trade in and have owned it ever since. It truly is in great condition and operates flawlessly with the latest software version installed. The unit does not get super hot, nor does it have any of the lip-sync issues that some 905's were plagued with, it only runs warm to the touch and operates flawlessly. It decodes all the latest and greatest surround formats (Dolby True-HD, DTS Master-HD, etc.), It also up-converts all inputs to 1080p with it's built in video processor. Included in the sale is the Receiver, Remote Control, Power Cord, Setup Mic, Manual and Original Box. It is Double Boxed and ready for safe shipping (See last picture). This is an extremely powerful, neutral and heavy unit with its Toroidal power transformer. I hate to see it go, but the money is needed. This was Onkyo's Flagship $2,200.00 Receiver from it's model year. This unit was made in Japan, not Malaysia like some of the 905's. Shipping is a flat rate of $50.00 anywhere in the US, local pickup is welcome (I'm in Long Island NY) Thanks

INFO:

THX® Ultra2 home theater receiver with HDMI switching and upconversion (Silver).

- 140 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- THX® Ultra2 certification
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD™ Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD™ High Resolution Audio, THX Surround EX®, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES™, Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p) with Silicon Optix Reon-VX HQV® video processing
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ XT eight-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- built-in HD Radio tuner with multi-casting reception
- XM Satellite Radio Ready (requires XM subscription and optional XM Mini-Tuner package)
- Neural™-THX Surround decoder for XM's HD Surround channels and gaming
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional SiriusConnect™ home tuner kit)
- iPod® integration (requires optional Onkyo DS-A2x iPod dock)
- three-room/three-source output:
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (using powered 2nd room stereo output allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
- composite video output for 2nd room
- line-level stereo audio output for 3rd room

- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) allows simplified remote operation with compatible HDMI-equipped components
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr Brown DACs for all channels
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- back-surround and front channel speaker outputs bridgeable for higher power to front speakers (minimum 8 ohm speakers required)
- 40 AM/FM/XM/SIRIUS presets
- aluminum front panel
- learning/multibrand remote
- 17-1/8"W x 7-5/8"H x 18-15/16"D
Reply Audio Gear

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr905 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr905s
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page