PSB Platinum M2 Monitor in cherry with stands MINT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-18-2013, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
PSB's top speaker line a few years ago, the Platinum series are the last PSB speakers to be built in Canada. These speakers were well reviewed and deservingly so. These monitors are 90dB efficient and can handle 200w. They are 4 Ohms nominal impedance. Excellent build quality, they are cast aluminum frames with thick MDF sides and rear and a brushed aluminum front baffle. 1" aluminum tweeter and 7" fiberglass woofer. Dual binding posts inputs. Unlike many small speakers these have nice bass output and integrate well with a quality sub. These speakers are great with rock but are just as good with acoustic, jazz , or classical. You will be up late many nights listening to these.... I hate to sell them, I wasn't even in the market for new speakers but you know how this hobby is. These with stands were $2500 a little over five years ago. Mint is often over-used to describe stereo equipment but these are as close to new looking as you will find. Have boxes and manual. Do a search on PSB Platinum M2, they were well liked by critics. Add a great sub and you will have a killer combo. The bass is so good on these I ran them full range, they do not need a high pass crossover like most small speakers.

Thanks,

Steve
Reply Audio Gear