2x Behringer EPQ1200 Europower 1200W Lightweight 2-Ch Power Amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
even lower price; really would like to move these to a good home. Taking up space on the floor with their big boxes. wink.gif

FOR SALE; 2x Behringer EPQ1200 Europower 1200W Lightweight 2-Ch Power Amp

Description:
Behringer factory power cords included for all three amps. Packaging will be near original package boxing and another outside box to protect for shipping.
EPQ1200's purchased from partsexpress on July 2011. Just upgraded to three new amps and these are for sale. Used but in very good condition. These were rack mounted with all other equipment inside an ac humidity controlled rack room inside the house.

FREE SHIPPING TO anywhere in the USA
$150 EACH or best offer
Paypal preferred.

Description from PE:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=248-6560

Specifications: • Output power: 250 watts @ 8 ohms per channel/425 watts @ 4 ohms per channel RMS; 320 watts @ 8 ohms per channel/600 watts @ 4 ohms per channel peak • Input impedance: 10 k ohms unbalanced, 20 k ohms balanced • Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0/-1 dB • S/N Ratio: >100 dBA • Dimensions: 3.7" H x 19.0" W x 10.6" D (94 x 483 x 269 mm) • Weight: 14.8 lbs. (6.7 kg).

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Bump; price reduced

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
post #3 of 17 Old 05-02-2013, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

A new week and no takers so bumping. Best offers? Come on guys surely someone could use these and I'm willing to work with someone on the pricing. Shipping and paypal fees included in pricing.

Give these puppies a good home cool.gif

post #4 of 17 Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

A few more pics. Some have PM'd about the fan and mods. It has the original but should be an easy swap. The fan on the epq series runs left to right in these pics.

post #5 of 17 Old 05-19-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 474
Good luck with the sale - this is a good price and a solid set of amps. I can't believe some DIY'er hasn't scooped these up!

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #6 of 17 Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Good luck with the sale - this is a good price and a solid set of amps. I can't believe some DIY'er hasn't scooped these up!

Thanks. Can't wait to see how your amp GTG results.

post #7 of 17 Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 PM

Liked: 10
How will these do in terms of powering a CHT 18.1 subwoofer?
post #8 of 17 Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanpd View Post

How will these do in terms of powering a CHT 18.1 subwoofer?

If powering a sub I'd pass on the EPQ series. These are better for mains, surrounds, or monitors. For subs look at Behringer EP series or Cerwin Vega amps IMO. Some really like the Behringer iNuke's also.

post #9 of 17 Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

ONE sold Gents. Only the two left.

post #10 of 17 Old 05-22-2013, 05:27 AM

Autox320, trying to get back with you but apparently I can only send 2 pm's per day. BS!! Anyways maybe you can pm your number or email, so I can get back to you.
post #11 of 17 Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonido View Post

Autox320, trying to get back with you but apparently I can only send 2 pm's per day. BS!! Anyways maybe you can pm your number or email, so I can get back to you.

Sorry about that with AVS and new account users.

Last TWO amps pending payment at this time. I'll post back if falls through.

post #12 of 17 Old 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Does anyone know how much input voltage from the preamp this amp requires to make full power? Also is the fan always running, or does it turn on only when it reaches a set temperature?
post #13 of 17 Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Does anyone know how much input voltage from the preamp this amp requires to make full power? Also is the fan always running, or does it turn on only when it reaches a set temperature?

I was driving them off a Yamaha V867 receiver rca pre outs. When setting up the gain structure and test distortion I noted. At +3.5 on receiver master volume with a 1kHz -0dB continuous tone. Where distortion is detected and clipped it measured 4.30Vac input voltage. Any further than this the amps shut off.

Fans run most of the time even at idle. They do have a speed sensor though and ramp up a lot if pushed continuous. Example; a real busy movie action scene full volume, or 30min loud music. They never run hot though so I like the factory fans. Can take a beating.

post #14 of 17 Old 05-23-2013, 04:26 AM

Thanks, good info. Do you know What the minimum input voltage is?. I would be running it straight from my yamaha cd player with output control.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-23-2013, 04:40 AM

I believe my yamaha cd 755 puts out 2.0v I'm wanting to use the Behringer to bi-amp my polk audio rtia9's. I have a modded dynaco st70 pushing the mids and highs, but this speakers are powerhungry!! and have (3) 7 in woofers per speaker That are used for the sub frequencies. This are 90 db sensitive speakers, and the current kenwood integrated amp can't push them to sound tightly. do you think this amp will improve the punch and tightness I'm looking for. I'm new in the audio world and I rather ask questions to learn than to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to try to figure things Out. Thanks.
post #16 of 17 Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I believe my yamaha cd 755 puts out 2.0v I'm wanting to use the Behringer to bi-amp my polk audio rtia9's. I have a modded dynaco st70 pushing the mids and highs, but this speakers are powerhungry!! and have (3) 7 in woofers per speaker That are used for the sub frequencies. This are 90 db sensitive speakers, and the current kenwood integrated amp can't push them to sound tightly. do you think this amp will improve the punch and tightness I'm looking for. I'm new in the audio world and I rather ask questions to learn than to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to try to figure things Out. Thanks.

I honestly don't know if you'd be able to drive the amp with 2Vac and be happy with amount of output. Most Behringer amps you could use for bi-amping, and most have a built in crossovers to split the CH1 and CH2. Models like the epq/epx have a simple switch on the back for 100Hz split. Some other models have fully variable frequency.

3x 7" woofers per speaker; I would say depends on power handling they are rated for, and at what impedance load on the amp. Personally I'd always overbuy on power and dial it back some. As it was mentioned in the amp LCR thread; more power seems to have more cone control. Just watch thermal limits biggrin.gif

I'm driving SHO10's and they handle quite a bit more. The delta10a driver is no small 10" rated around 350Rms, so I feel comfortable with a bit more on it. Most speakers will handle more than rated if it's unclipped clean power.

post #17 of 17 Old 05-24-2013, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Last TWO sold guys. Thank you AVS members for doing business.

Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page