Velodyne DD-18 Digital Drive 18 inch THX 1250 Watt Subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This piano black gloss subwoofer is in excellent condition. The finish is flawless aside from some light swirl marks that usually occur with gloss finish. Can't see them unless you get really close and have a lot of light shining on it. It sounds absolutely phenomenal and is super responsive but sadly my new smaller home won't accommodate this beast. I am the original owner and the amp was replaced by Velodyne a couple of years ago so the electronics are very new! This thing is very heavy so pickup is preferred but I am willing to ship it since I still have all original packaging. I am located near Baton Rouge, LA. I may even be able to deliver it between here and Houston, TX for a fee. PayPal add 3%. I have a long history of excellent feedback on eBay.

THE BEST OF THE BEST

If nothing but the best will do, you need the Velodyne DD-18. This Direct Drive subwoofer provides reference-quality bass reproduction in a package that won't take up your whole living room. The Class D amplifier pushes 1250W of steady power through the 18" cone. But for all the bumps in the night in your favorite horror flick, a massive 3,000W of dynamic power is available. With a 14Hz to 120Hz frequency response, the DD-18 can handle even the most earth-shakingly low tones. But being low and loud isn't enough to make bass great. That's why the DD-18 features 0° to 180° phase control in 1° increments, variable high pass crossovers, adjustable polarity, and less than 0.5% THD. For sound that can't be beat, this is the sub to choose.

What's Included?

Included is the DD-18 black gloss subwoofer, original box and packing materials, power cord, owner's manual, remote control, and Digital Drive accessory kit (calibration mic and cables).

Comparison Specifications

Class D amplifier: 1250W RMS power rating; 3000W dynamic power rating
Nominal impedance (LFE): 47k Line Level, 10k Balanced
80Hz high pass crossover @ 6dB/octave
18" forward-firing woofer
15Hz to 199Hz selectable scope low pass crossover (variable in 1Hz increments); Default 80Hz @ 24dB/octave
Additional Specifications
Frequency response: 14Hz to 120Hz ±3dB
THD: Less than 0.5% (typical)
15Hz to 35Hz selectable slope subsonic filter (variable in 1Hz increments); Default 15Hz @ 24dB/octave
Phase control: 0° to 180° (variable in 15° increments)
Polarity: adjustable (±)
380-ounce magnet structure
Tandem 3" push-pull voice coil
Kevlar-reinforced resin cone
Manufacturer Specifications
LFE (Mono) inputs: Line Level (RCA), Balanced (XLR)
L/R inputs: Line Level (RCA)
Microphone: Balanced (XLR), cable included
Speaker level (L/R) connections: Bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs
Through outputs (L/R): Line Level (RCA)
Outputs (L/R): Line Level (RCA)
EQ Output: Line Level (RCA) for Test Signal L/R and video (cables included)
Includes remote control and accessory kit
Black gloss finish
Dimensional Specifications
Dimensions: 21.25" W x 23.7" H x 19.6" D
Weight: 120 lbs