Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-30-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
(Now available for shipping!)

Here's something you don't see on AVS everyday. smile.gif

I've decided to part with my prized vintage Marantz separates setup. I bought these from the original owner (he got them in 1975 I think). They are in fantastic cosmetic shape, and sound fantastic. Plus, they have a very high wife acceptance factor (in my house anyway). I DeOxited and Faderlubed all of the pots, and changed out the fuselamps with low heat, high efficiency LED's. They look great. The 3200 originally had issues with a broken balance slider PCB. It was causing distortion. I had the balance slider wired for "center," but it would be easy enough to restore with a working donor part. The slider still moves, but it doesn't do anything.

There are some slight marks around the faceplate bolts on the 3200, but the bolts themselves are fine (I replaced them with a new looking set of original bolts). The tuner has maybe a 1/4" scratch on the tuning dial plastic. Those are the only two cosmetic issues of note. No bent corners or broken sliders, missing knobs.

This set is as complete as I've ever seen. The boxes even have the original packing styrofoam. Please pm me for additional pictures if you're interested. I will have these professionally double boxed and appropriately insured for shipping. But just a warning, it will be 6 heavy boxes, so shipping will not be an inconsequential cost.

I currently have this set up and can demo for a serious buyer. I'm located about 20 miles north of Boston, MA. I have a CD player and turntable connected. The amp is 70W per channel, and is plenty for most speakers and applications. I'm pretty well versed in vintage Marantz so please let me know if you have any questions and I can answer them to the best of my ability.

Really? "Subwoofer" isn't in the AVSForum spell checker?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
vintage marantz from the mid 1970's is fantastic. my very first stereo receiver in 1974 was marantz. they were well made and distortion free. too bad its locak pick up only. otherwise, i would want to be all over these in a heartbeat.
Green Chemist likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now available for shipping!

Really? "Subwoofer" isn't in the AVSForum spell checker?

Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page