Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey guys,
I'm selling my klipsch rw-12d for 250.00. It's a local pick up only in NJ. It is currently hooked up with the system and you are welcome to come by and hear it. I have never shipped before and therefore making it local pickup only for now. If someone really wants it shipped, he'd have to pay extra for shipping and I'll take care of shipping (only within U.S).

The sub is in perfect condition. There is nothing wrong with it. The only reason I"m selling it is because I recently bought two XV15 subs and don't need this one anymore. I'll upload the pics later as well.

Thx.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Liked: 12
Hi There,

So now that you have got XV15's how would you compare that with your RW-12D ?
How much difference do you think it is ?
Just wanted to know your thoughts between the two as you have owned both.

Thx
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by deids View Post

Hi There,

So now that you have got XV15's how would you compare that with your RW-12D ?
How much difference do you think it is ?
Just wanted to know your thoughts between the two as you have owned both.

Thx

Even though I have owned both subs, I don't think my answer will justify the difference. When it comes to how well a sub performs in your place, it very much depends on where you place it (location, location, location just like in real state.). I didnt know that rule and had it placed where it looked best in room . Therefore I thought that the sub is not that good but it was my fault. When I decided to buy XV15, I opened a thread and there I learned that location and how the room plays are two most important factors. When I bought XV15, I spent 3 weeks to find their best place. I used REW to calculate how room was behiving to that location. XV15's sound great. No scratch that. They sound awesome. No doubt about it. But we are comparing one RW-12 vs 2 XV15 and also placed where they sound the best.
Now if I were to have two RW-12 and place them where they sound best in my room, would they sound same as XV15. Absolutely not. XV15 has a 15" driver while RW-12 has 12". XV15 can handle hz down to 15 hz and its clear in the graph. XV15 also costs twice as much.

RW-12 is not a bad sub. I'd say its an above average but below great sub because it can't handle very low bass well. Anything I throw at XV15, it handles it gracefully.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-23-2013, 10:42 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post

Even though I have owned both subs, I don't think my answer will justify the difference. When it comes to how well a sub performs in your place, it very much depends on where you place it (location, location, location just like in real state.). I didnt know that rule and had it placed where it looked best in room . Therefore I thought that the sub is not that good but it was my fault. When I decided to buy XV15, I opened a thread and there I learned that location and how the room plays are two most important factors. When I bought XV15, I spent 3 weeks to find their best place. I used REW to calculate how room was behiving to that location. XV15's sound great. No scratch that. They sound awesome. No doubt about it. But we are comparing one RW-12 vs 2 XV15 and also placed where they sound the best.
Now if I were to have two RW-12 and place them where they sound best in my room, would they sound same as XV15. Absolutely not. XV15 has a 15" driver while RW-12 has 12". XV15 can handle hz down to 15 hz and its clear in the graph. XV15 also costs twice as much.

RW-12 is not a bad sub. I'd say its an above average but below great sub because it can't handle very low bass well. Anything I throw at XV15, it handles it gracefully.

Fair enough. Thanks for the insight. I am thinking to get XV15's as well, thats the reason I asked, and yes, i was too having a single RW-12D which I already sold to collect some money for XV15's smile.gif.
Reply Audio Gear

Tags
Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page