Perreaux 6000B - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Excellent functional condition, good cosmetic condition Perreaux 6000B two channel amplifier. This is an absolutely tremendous amplifier made during the 80's and that remains a terrific performer.

It recently underwent repair to clean up one of the channels that had become a little fuzzy and everything was checked to make sure it was performing up to spec. The Perreaux amplifiers of this era consisted of two lines, a home theater line and a pro line. This is from the pro line, and as such, had an odd setup for the inputs and outputs. While it was in the shop I had them add RCA inputs and regular speaker wire outputs so this amp could be plug and play in any system.
The writing on the front faceplate is fading a little and for some odd reason, the hotel where the amplifier was taken out of had a name engraved into the front. Other than that, there are no major cosmetic issues and, as stated, performance is on par with a brand new unit. Because of the engraving, the Audiogon rating system dictates that I rate it a 5, but performance wise the unit is at least a 9.

No box, packing, shipping, and 4% paypal (if applicable) all in addition to the final selling price.
If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact me and additional specs and information can be found below.

http://www.perreaux.com/assets/file/archive/050-6000B.pdf

Pictures can be found here

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-perreaux-6000b-2013-10-30-amplifiers-12477
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-31-2013, 06:46 AM

Liked: 12
i had a perreaux preamp from the same timeframe (80's) and it was teriffic. it was hooked to a pioneer class a amp. those two units provided some sweet sounds!!
fuzz092888 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2013, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceturkee View Post

i had a perreaux preamp from the same timeframe (80's) and it was teriffic. it was hooked to a pioneer class a amp. those two units provided some sweet sounds!!

Thanks for your input. I was definitely surprised by how good this amp is and after overcoming the odd input/output setup, it's performed flawlessly for me. Right now I'm using it to power my mains and if I hadn't gotten a really good deal on a different amp I'd be keeping it. However, if someone were to buy it, they would be getting one beast of an amplifier that performs as well as it did back in the 80's.

Cheers.
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page