Kef R500 & R200c (56k, beware) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-26-2014, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Info:
Thanks to a dog who will require very costly surgery, combined with my own desire to simply try something new, I'm selling my beloved Kef R500 floorstanders and Kef R200c center channel, both of which are in the piano black color.

I can go on and on about these speakers (the R500s; I haven't powered the R200c). How huge of a soundstage they present not only in width but in depth and height and how no other speaker I've heard to date can match it in performance. How the concentric driver here is state of the art with enough engineering to seemingly rival a nuclear bomb. How elegant they look and how tonally comprehensive they are. But, I won't... or did I???....

You can look all around the internet and you won't find a bad review on these. Seriously. Bang for the buck, they are hard to beat and rival speakers' performance 3x+ their cost. They really and truly are amazing speakers. Here's a link to one review on the R500:
http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=444:kef-r500-loudspeakers

Condition:
I have the original packaging for these. The photos at the end of this ad were taken with intent to highlight the condition.

R500:
9/10. There are some hairline scratches in the gloss on the top that I couldn't manage to get out. Maybe with some elbow grease they'd come out. There are finger prints here and there from me handling them in the room. But, otherwise they are in excellent condition.

R200C:
Brand new! I took the speaker out of the box only to take a photo. It's never been powered up.

Price:

My asking price is as follows (shipping or local pick-up):
R500 pair: SOLD

R200c: $725+shipping or $725 local pick up. (MSRP=$1000)
Combo: If you want everything, then knock $100 off my asking price.

I accept paypal or personal check (just give time for the check to clear).

If you are interested in a local pickup to save some money, I am in Decatur, AL, 35603. I'm willing to drive a small bit to meet you, so contact me if you're interested.

PM is fine, but email is usually better as I'm able to answer those more quickly. My email is: hardisj (at) gmail (dot) com.

Photos:

A lot of these may seem redundant but I'm just doing the best I can to provide accurate condition through the photos.

IMG_8445.png

IMG_8487.png

IMG_8472.png

IMG_8460.png

IMG_8482.png

IMG_8474.png

IMG_8475.png

IMG_8428.png

IMG_8427.png

IMG_8453.png

IMG_8422.png

IMG_8426.png

IMG_8424.png

IMG_8423.png

IMG_8420.png

IMG_8421.png

IMG_8483.png
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

R500 speakers are now sold!

The r200c center channel is still available. Again, this is brand new and has never seem power!

I'll knock my asking price down to $725 shipped in the CONUS.

Here's a review for a kef kit which contains the r200c:
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/test-report-kef-r-series-speaker-system-page-2
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2014, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

bump for the R200c. Great center channel. I just don't have a use for this anymore.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

Sent you a private message, I am interested in you center channel speaker. Is it still for sale. Thanks
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page