Onkyo A-9050 Stereo Integrated Amplifier with Wolfson 24-192 DAC w/ warranty - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The integrated Onkyo A-9050 stereo two-channel amplifier is still under Onkyo's warranty. Everything works, pristine cosmetic condition. Sounds excellent for music and movies and Wolfson DAC is 24-192 capable with Optical and Coax inputs. I paid $400 several months ago. No surprises since it is under warranty. Shipping is $15 in cont. USA, no PayPal fees. I have perfect 100% score on eBay and Audiogon pls feel free to ask for id.

The A-9050 hosts a rugged, high-output power supply that is rated to deliver a honest 75 watts into 2 channels at 8 ohms. Two 10,000 microfarad capacitors and low-impedance copper bus bars give the amp the instant readiness to deliver peak power for demanding musical elements like fast string attacks, sizzling cymbals, and punchy percussion. When your speakers are driven by an amp that has this kind of dynamic range, you'll discover deeper dimension and soundstaging in your favorite music. It just might be like hearing it for the first time -- all over again.
The A-9050's blend of power and precision can put fresh sparkle in classic music sources like a turntable with a moving magnet (MM) cartridge. And Onkyo is dead serious about making the most out of your digital sources. A Wolfson® 24-bit/192kHz DAC takes a stream of 1s and 0s entering the unit from the optical or coaxial digital inputs and builds it into beautiful music. Many of the A-9050's competitors need an external DAC to interface with disc players or streaming digital media players like a Sonos Connect® or Apple TV®.

75 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (at 1kHz) with 0.08% THD
65 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (at 1kHz) with 0.08% THD
Wolfson® 192kHz/24-bit DAC ensures high-quality sound from digital sources
Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry (DIDRC) reduces perceptible noise generated by digital devices
three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry reduces distortion to inaudible levels
closed ground-loop circuits minimize individual circuit noise and reject ground potential distortion
signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB (line, IHF-A), 80 dB (phono MM)
high-output power transformer and twin 10,000µF capacitors provide ready power for demanding musical passages
built-in phono preamp for use with moving magnet (MM) cartridges
3 digital audio inputs (2 coax, 1 optical)
5 RCA audio inputs, including MM phono input
preamp out and line out jacks
front-panel 1/4" headphone jack
front-panel switching for 2 pairs of speakers
gold-plated, banana-plug compatible speaker posts
detachable power cord
remote control
weight: 18.08 lbs.
17-1/8"W x 5-1/2"H x 13-1/16"D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very interested, how does it sound? Does it tend to run warm like a typical onkyo? How old is the unit/when did you buy it and how do you know the warranty is transferable?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I like Onkyo house sound a lot, it was a bit edgy for the first 20-30 hours when I got it but after that sound remained crystal clear but harshness went away completely, Onkyo does not color the sound as Denon or Pio does. I was especially impressed with the DAC that does respectful job with my Mac music server via optical. It drives my Vandersteen's with joy. No it does not run even warm but I have an open rack so ventilation is not an issue for me. MM phono preamp gets solid reviews too but I no longer own turntable. I went to 5.1 setup and bought an Onkyo receiver now. I bought it in Apr 2013. I never registered it for warranty or asked for repairs so warranty is basally untouched. What it means that if you want to can still purchase Square Trade warranty for another 1-2 more years because the device is under manufacturer's warranty until April 2014. I can provide you with SN and you can call Onkyo to confirm the warranty.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 06:11 PM

OH, this doesn't have a usb input... I thought it did. Probably everything I'm looking for minus the usb. frown.gif Thanks anyway. Good luck with the sale.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM

PM sent

Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page