Iwata-300 horns & BMS 4550 CDs for sale! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
***************************************************************************************************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: Prices listed below are firm as of right now. If I change my mind in the future, I will either outright change the price listed or update this note to indicate accepting offers. Thanks for your understanding.
***************************************************************************************************************************************

I've admitted defeat and realize that I'm never going to get enough free time to finish designing and building all the speaker projects I want to try out. Rather than throw all this stuff in a closet for a couple years like I might have done in the past, I'm offering it up for sale here first to AVS folks to get it out of sight and not tempt me or remind me of the frustrations of the past couple years....

Here's what's available. My goal is to get a good chunk of my money back out of these items and not lose my shirt too badly. Most items are brand new, never mounted or had signal ever played through them. I will describe conditions for each item as I go:

1) Qty. 2 (one pair) - Iwata-300 horns. Please see http://www.diysoundgroup.com/horns/iwata300.html for more details. Current price is $430.00 each. Condition is as new. I have mounted a JBL 2446 driver to them and have played them maybe 200 hours total. Color is gloss black. Very nice fiberglass construction with full metal mounting plate. See photos attached and PM/email if you want additional high-rez shots and to discuss a sale. I've got shipping boxes and shipping materials to send these anywhere in the continental USA. Because of the rarity of these horns and the infrequency of group buy orders out of Poland (Erich is a busy guy right now after all), I'm currently willing to sell these for $800.00 for the pair and I will eat any paypal/CC fees and will ship for free in the lower 48 (up to a $120 value for shipping alone depending on location). Other locations, please contact me to discuss a subsidized shipping price.

2) SOLD!! Thanks!

3) SOLD!! Thanks!

4) Qty. 2 (1 pair) - BMS 4550 - 16 - 16 ohm 1" exit ferrite compression driver. Brand spankin' new, never used, never mounted, never had current applied to them. I bought 7 of these. 2 went to a friend, 2 are currently in a speaker design here with an AE TD15M woofer. One of the three I was selling went to someone else to experiment. I have 2 left. The three that I put up for sale were supposed to be for a custom LCR speaker I was going to design with a SEOS-12 waveguide and dual AE TD6H woofers underneath it. I'm abandoning that project as I just dont have the time to complete it. So these brand new CDs are for sale. MSRP is $148.00 each. Sale price: $99.99 each plus shipping, I eat the paypal/CC fees.

5) SOLD!! Thanks!

6) SOLD!! Thanks!

7) SOLD!! Thanks!!

8) SOLD!! Thanks!!

9) SOLD!! Thanks!

10) SOLD!! Thanks!

there's more here that I'll post eventually... but that's enough to get started smile.gif

Please note these are all personal sales that have nothing to do with a commercial interest in my little side audio business. This was entirely me exploring my DIY curiosity about constant directivity and larger horn systems that don't have the typical horn honk and distortions. While I'm willing to use my business for folks that want to pay for this stuff via credit card direct, it is a completely separate thing. Long before I started a business selling retail goods, I was a DIY speaker builder and designer.... It's been 17 years, but I wanted to feed my DIY craving again for a little while... too bad my new wife and son didn't share my DIY obsessions from years gone by....

I can do a wide variety of payment options for continental USA folks. Paypal, credit card direct, USPS money order, check (must fully clear before shipment... so expect weeks of waiting before I ship if you must use this payment method), bank to bank wire transfer, etc. International folks, please contact me to discuss payment options.

PM on here is likely the easiest way to get in touch with me. I'll keep my inbox cleaned up to allow you to write.

You can also email me directly at sales at hometheaterdoc dot com and I will respond from there asap.

If there are any questions, please let me know. Thanks for looking and your interest! Hopefully there is something on here that you like and want to buy! smile.gif :P

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Oh hell yeah. There's a whole lot of audio goodness right there. I am currently running a TD6/ 4550 setup and I can tell you they would make a great setup for someone. In fact, anyone looking to design a dual TD6M/4550/SEOS speaker; I can provide a xover schematic for them.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page