Martysub Flatpacks/Veneer Flatpacks - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 194 Old 05-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Member
 
dogger99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newmarket Ontario
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
How many sheets of MDF do you need for the Minimarty?
dogger99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 194 Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 AM
Member
 
scstockwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger99 View Post

How many sheets of MDF do you need for the Minimarty?

I started to cut one sheet yesterday for my MiniMarty and I suspect I'll need another 1/4 to 1/2 a sheet to complete.
scstockwell is offline  
post #33 of 194 Old 05-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Member
 
scstockwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I will be completing my MartyCube (SI 18" D4) today and was hoping I could get some iNuke 6000dsp advice. I will also be adding a MiniMarty (SI 18" D4) in a week or two.

I'm planning on having them wired in series for an 8ohm load, which I believe will work out good with both subs. The question I have is how should I setup the iNuke today for when I only have one sub and then in a week or two when I have two subs ? Also, do I need to wire the sub differently while I only have one?

Here is how I plan on wiring them (I've never added a pic so hopefully this works!)



Thanks!
scstockwell is offline  
post #34 of 194 Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger99 View Post

How many sheets of MDF do you need for the Minimarty?

Two
chalugadp is online now  
post #35 of 194 Old 05-04-2014, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by scstockwell View Post

I will be completing my MartyCube (SI 18" D4) today and was hoping I could get some iNuke 6000dsp advice. I will also be adding a MiniMarty (SI 18" D4) in a week or two.

I'm planning on having them wired in series for an 8ohm load, which I believe will work out good with both subs. The question I have is how should I setup the iNuke today for when I only have one sub and then in a week or two when I have two subs ? Also, do I need to wire the sub differently while I only have one?

Here is how I plan on wiring them (I've never added a pic so hopefully this works!)



Thanks!

Yup that's a 8ohm series.
chalugadp is online now  
post #36 of 194 Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Noman74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 41
After I finish assembling the cabinet for my martycube, can I install the driver and start using it before adding the veneer flatpack?

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Noman74656 is offline  
post #37 of 194 Old 05-05-2014, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noman74656 View Post

After I finish assembling the cabinet for my martycube, can I install the driver and start using it before adding the veneer flatpack?

Yes,
as long as you take the driver out when you add veneer.
chalugadp is online now  
post #38 of 194 Old 05-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Member
 
dogger99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newmarket Ontario
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This may help for a cut list....


http://www.delphiforfun.org/Programs/CutList.htm#Download
BacHolz likes this.
dogger99 is offline  
post #39 of 194 Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Well I finished my 20th flatpack today. Never thought i would get to that number. I have wrecked about 4 pairs of pants will glue, silicone, and other stuff. I don't like wearing a shop apron. Thanks to everyone who has ordered and I will continue to take orders but I am glad they are slowing down. I am not erich , can't do two jobs at once for months on end. cool.gif
chalugadp is online now  
post #40 of 194 Old 05-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Member
 
docbrazen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've always been curious about DYI subs. Flatpacks seem like a good way for a beginner to start. How hard is it to make a sub from a flatpack? Don't laugh but my woodworking experience is limited to assembling Ikea furniture. The clamping, gluing, and drilling part doesn't seem that bad, but how does the finishing part work? I know nothing about paints and finishes. And how do you hide the screw heads?
docbrazen is offline  
post #41 of 194 Old 05-07-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Well I finished my 20th flatpack today. Never thought i would get to that number. I have wrecked about 4 pairs of pants will glue, silicone, and other stuff. I don't like wearing a shop apron. Thanks to everyone who has ordered and I will continue to take orders but I am glad they are slowing down. I am not erich , can't do two jobs at once for months on end. cool.gif

Well to be fair Erich has all of his flat packs cut by a CNC machine and they fit together like a puzzle, the way you cut by hand and also ensure that the pieces all fit together is a lot more labor intensive. So considering all things I think you've done pretty good Donny!

Of course I know of a CNC machine for hire so if you get tired of cutting them up we could always look at having someone else cutting all of them up for you.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #42 of 194 Old 05-07-2014, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrazen View Post

I've always been curious about DYI subs. Flatpacks seem like a good way for a beginner to start. How hard is it to make a sub from a flatpack? Don't laugh but my woodworking experience is limited to assembling Ikea furniture. The clamping, gluing, and drilling part doesn't seem that bad, but how does the finishing part work? I know nothing about paints and finishes. And how do you hide the screw heads?


If you can assemble ikeA you can do this. If you use screws then you need to fill holes
chalugadp is online now  
post #43 of 194 Old 05-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Member
 
DarkEvil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What is the best way to make a whole on the back for the wire to the amp? Anyone has a pix showing the back of their martysub? Thanks!
DarkEvil is online now  
post #44 of 194 Old 05-10-2014, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Just a 1" or 1.25" hole depending on connector. Use a forstner bit if you have one.
chalugadp is online now  
post #45 of 194 Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Noman74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 41
What would people say is the best way to install the bracing strips? I have been gluing both ends and then sliding into place, but most of the glue seems to come off since it is such a tight fit.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Noman74656 is offline  
post #46 of 194 Old 05-10-2014, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Put glue on ends and in place where it will sit. When glue is dry I put dap silicone around the joint. I also use Brad nailer and toe in couple of nails.
chalugadp is online now  
post #47 of 194 Old 05-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Member
 
Boomassiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20

I was planning on building two mini Martys but the room the wife approved for media use is only 1650cf (if I did the math right 9'x12.5'x14.5').  Is there a such thing as overkill for most of you?  With the room size I wont have a lot of options for locations lol.

Boomassiv is online now  
post #48 of 194 Old 05-17-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomassiv View Post

I was planning on building two mini Martys but the room the wife approved for media use is only 1650cf (if I did the math right 9'x12.5'x14.5').  Is there a such thing as overkill for most of you?  With the room size I wont have a lot of options for locations lol.

Right now I have a sub that's basically the same size as the full size Marty sub, I have two of them and I'm just finishing build the second two. The third is built and the fourth will be built tomorrow, my room is only 1810c/f. smile.gif

So to answer your question, no there isn't such thing as overkill in my opinion biggrin.gif
jbrown15 is online now  
post #49 of 194 Old 05-17-2014, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
It's like having a 300 hp Lexus. Power and it purrs
chalugadp is online now  
post #50 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 AM
Senior Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Wondering if you would consider making packs for the SI 24"? Sealed maybe like Swolephiles si 24? Working 80+ hours a week leaves me no time to get anything done I want.

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
BCRSS is online now  
post #51 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post

Wondering if you would consider making packs for the SI 24"? Sealed maybe like Swolephiles si 24? Working 80+ hours a week leaves me no time to get anything done I want.

I'm sure he'd be willing to build you one, but the shipping would be really expense I would think.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #52 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Actually if its in flat pack form not too bad. Pm me bcr with zip code and I'll give you a price.
chalugadp is online now  
post #53 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Actually if its in flat pack form not too bad. Pm me bcr with zip code and I'll give you a price.

You do realize that even in a sealed box the SI 24 requires something around the size of 16cubic/ft right? Its an IB driver so he requires a huge box! smile.gif

I originally thought about getting two SI 24's but in a ported cabinet they would need at least a 32cubic/ft enclosure eek.gif
jbrown15 is online now  
post #54 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
I'm shipping a finished 30cuft enclosure Monday so I'm aware of size.
chalugadp is online now  
post #55 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
blah450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

You do realize that even in a sealed box the SI 24 requires something around the size of 16cubic/ft right? Its an IB driver so he requires a huge box! smile.gif

I originally thought about getting two SI 24's but in a ported cabinet they would need at least a 32cubic/ft enclosure eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

I'm shipping a finished 30cuft enclosure Monday so I'm aware of size.


Oh boy!...Oh boy!!!! Would like to see these fellas when finished! biggrin.gif


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blah450 is offline  
post #56 of 194 Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

You do realize that even in a sealed box the SI 24 requires something around the size of 16cubic/ft right? Its an IB driver so he requires a huge box! smile.gif

I originally thought about getting two SI 24's but in a ported cabinet they would need at least a 32cubic/ft enclosure eek.gif
Well Box dimensions are 26 x 26 x 26 for Swolephile's so I thought anything around that would be great. My room does not have enough space for anything much larger. 13x16x8 = 1664 C/F. If I went ported I am afraid that my ceiling may come down. eek.gif But 2 sealed 24's running on a Behringer NU6000DSP iNUKE would rock.

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
BCRSS is online now  
post #57 of 194 Old 06-06-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post


Oh boy!...Oh boy!!!! Would like to see these fellas when finished! biggrin.gif

Its been shipped and when the buyer is done i will post some pics he takes.
chalugadp is online now  
post #58 of 194 Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Noman74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Put glue on ends and in place where it will sit. When glue is dry I put dap silicone around the joint. I also use Brad nailer and toe in couple of nails.

Thanks! I added the silicone and shot a few nails diagonally into each joint. Feels very secure now smile.gif

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Noman74656 is offline  
post #59 of 194 Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Noman74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Yup that's a 8ohm series.

I thought I read about this before, but I can't seem to find it now. For connecting to the speaker terminal, there are four connections (-1, +1, -2, +2). Which connections get soldiered to the wires going to the driver?

I am nearing the end of this build, and will finally start posting pictures.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Noman74656 is offline  
post #60 of 194 Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,885
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 976
If its bridged it 1plus red , two plus black
chalugadp is online now  
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off