Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-17-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Emotiva ERT 8.3 Towers & 6.3 Center - Oppo BDP-80 - Kindle PaperWhi

I'm moving to active speakers for L/C/R with my stereo/home theater setup. So the Emotiva ERT 8.3's and 6.3 center speaker are up for sale. These are 'matched' timbre wise and work very well for the front sound stage in home theater. I've owned these speakers for just over 5 years. At 66 YO I've come to the conclusion that lighter audio gear is in my future. I've lived with a bad back for quite a few years so the days of humping 70 pound amps and speakers around the living room during major cleaning operations must end. Muscle spasms aren't fun! These speakers are a Vance Dickason design.

Having no kids in the house - and I don't smoke - there will be no dented drivers or funny smells - they are all perfect - but there may be some dust and a few stray hairs from my little buddy Milo - my blind rescue dog. But no surprises - he lifts his leg outside! No funny smells! These were brand new in March of 2009 so there is no warranty left. However they play great and sound as wonderful as the first day I got them. I've never played them loud for any time but they will play as loud as you can stand with great clarity. The 6.3 has slight damage on the lower R/H corner from a previous owner but this did not break the sealed design of the speaker and is difficult to even see. The 6.3 also has those very fine scratches that you won't see unless the lighting is just so. I'll try to get a few pictures of that bad corner - it really isn't a big deal - I'm looking at it as I type this and I can't see it from 8' away.

I'd like to sell the 8.3/6.3 as a set - I have all the original double box packing that they came in from Emotiva. I'm asking $900 shipped to CONUS addresses. Will ship to Alaska Hawaii and Canada - PM me for shipping costs - which I assume will be high.

The Oppo BDP-80 was bought new from Oppo - comes with the original packing and a back-lit remote control. It works perfect - has the latest firmware loaded. I might have played 50 movies on it over the years I've owned it - bought it just before the end of the run when they were discontinued in late 2010 so just shy of 3 years. So it isn't that old - and as I mentioned - works perfect. The only rub with it is the time it takes to load a BR disc- 8-10 seconds. Once it loads though it works perfect. Regular DVD's load quickly - it plays SACD and DVD-A too. It looks nearly new - as does the remote which I didn't use much - having a Harmony 1100. Asking $250 shipped to CONUS addresses. Will ship to Alaska Hawaii and Canada - PM me with your location/zip for shipping costs.

**************SOLD****************
I also have an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite ebook reader - its in great condition - screen is like new - I haven't used it as much as I thought I would. I think I've read 10 books on it. I bought it in Dec. 2012. I prefer my laptop for ebooks - the back isn't the only thing giving way! Comes with charger and USB cord. This is the one without ads - new they are $139 - I'm asking $90 shipped to CONUS.
**************SOLD****************

Thanks for looking!

Ken

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Last edited by Knucklehead90; 08-24-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Kindle is sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2014, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)