AVS Forum banner
  • You have not yet participated enough to use the Marketplace

FS: JTR Noesis 228HT LCR in Black Oak Veneer

5K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Ryansboston 
#1 · (Edited)

3x JTR Noesis 228HT for sale in Massachusetts, but willing to split the cost of shipping.

Another Price Drop! Looking to get $2,900 for the set of three.
I've had someone in the past interested in just a single 228HT, so if someone else is interested in a pair the price would be $2,000.

Brand new this set would be about $4,750. ($3900+$675 Black Oak Veneer upgrade +$175 Shipping.... Jeff dropped the price of the 228HTs by $100/speaker, so a new set would now be about $4,450)

I bought these new, directly from Jeff at JTR in 2014 and they have the metal wave guide (which some JTR owners including myself prefer over the newer wooden style horn with different dispersion pattern) and full-length grill (Better for WAF than the two piece grills on the newer models). They are in very good condition, with the exception of two small nicks on the back edge/ back bottom corner from moving but you can only see it if you are standing very close and looking for it.

The JTR 228HTs have a well deserved reputation for being great for both movies and music on these forums. This particular model with the metal wave guide did extremely well against other great speakers in this shootout: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...nley-sm60f-fusion15-jtr-228-seaton-cat8c.html

With 228s as LCR I get the wonderful audio quality I've been chasing: the clarity of dialogue in movies, the fine details in music, and just damn good sound. Amazing dynamic sound when watching movies, as well as clarity while listening/ watching at low volumes, which I feel is an important aspect often overlooked.

I think $2,900 is a steal, considering new would be $4,750. (now $4,450) The Black Oak veneer is a big step up in appearance, and worth the extra cost over the standard finish, IMO. I discounted these significantly because they aren't being used now that I've upgraded to JTR 215RTs/RM.

While I prefer local pickup and happy to give a demo, I don't mind shipping either as I have the original boxes and shipping material that fits like a glove. Please see attached pictures; the first 3 pictures are from 2014 when I first got them, but the other pictures are very recent. In the picture with the back edge next to the curtain, you can see a tiny nick from moving if you look very closely at the top quarter of the speaker edge. I'd be happy to skype or facetime for further inspection of the speakers if you would like them shipped.

I tried getting estimates (With the estimated value of $3100 and all the specific weight and dimensions of the 3 boxes entered) from Fedex, UPS, and Uship.com and Fedex Ground is consistently the cheapest. For the zip codes I've looked up so far, it usually falls between $111 (Philly)-$207 (CA)

67lbs/ box. 31x19x17" dimensions boxed up, 26x14x12.25" -speaker dimensions

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Ryan

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice! That is good news... so $186 for all 3 boxes. That is $14 less than the lowest quote I had been getting... I signed up for a Fedex account and had entered an estimated 80lbs so I wonder if the rates I was getting were a little higher since 1) I'm shipping from MA 2) I put 80 instead of 67lbs? and 3) Maybe I had a higher estimated value so maybe they are charging more for insurance?

Do you get any additional discounts with them besides the general one for signing up for an online account?

When I get home I will weigh them in box to see if I get 67lbs and update the shipping estimates if necessary.

For actual shipping of these I will provide the receipt to the buyer so they pay exactly what I paid.

#17 ·
3x JTR Noesis 228HT for sale in Massachusetts, but willing to split the cost of shipping.

$3,100 or best reasonable offer... Brand new this set would be about $4,750. ($3900+$675 Black Oak Veneer upgrade +$175 Shipping)

I bought these new, directly from Jeff at JTR in 2014 and they have the metal wave guide (which some JTR owners including myself prefer over the newer wooden style horn with different dispersion pattern) and full-length grill (Better for WAF than the two piece grills on the newer models). They are in very good condition, with the exception of two small nicks on the back edge/ back bottom corner from moving but you can only see it if you are standing very close and looking for it.

The JTR 228HTs have a well deserved reputation for being great for both movies and music on these forums. I have enjoyed them a lot and really like their sound.

With 228s as LCR I get the wonderful audio quality I've been chasing: the clarity of dialogue in movies, the fine details in music, and just damn good sound. Amazing dynamic sound when watching movies, as well as clarity while listening/ watching at low volumes, which I feel is an important aspect often overlooked.

I think $3,100 is a pretty solid deal, considering new would be $4,750. The Black Oak veneer is a big step up in appearance, and worth the extra cost over the standard finish, IMO. I discounted these significantly because it's a pity that they aren't being used now that I've upgraded to JTR 215RTs/RM.

While I prefer local pickup and happy to give a demo, I don't mind shipping either as I have the original boxes and shipping material that fits like a glove. Please see attached pictures; the first 3 pictures are from 2014 when I first got them, but the other pictures are very recent. In the picture with the back edge next to the curtain, you can see a tiny nick from moving if you look very closely at the top quarter of the speaker edge. I'd be happy to skype or facetime for further inspection of the speakers if you would like them shipped.

I've received a lot of PM's with interest for these but haven't sold them quite yet. The most common request is to get an estimated shipping quote, so I will give a ballpark here.

I tried getting estimates (With the estimated value of $3100 and all the specific weight and dimensions of the 3 boxes entered) from Fedex, UPS, and Uship.com and Fedex Ground is consistently the cheapest. For the zip codes I've looked up so far, it usually falls between $111 (Philly)-$207 (CA)

Thanks!
Ryan
Hey Ryan,
Send me a PM with your contact info as I am not able to PM yet with too few posts. I could be interested in these. Thanks.
Brian

#19 ·

$3,100 or best reasonable offer... Brand new this set would be about $4,750. ($3900+$675 Black Oak Veneer upgrade +$175 Shipping)

The JTR 228HTs have a well deserved reputation for being great for both movies and music on these forums. I have enjoyed them a lot and really like their sound.

I think $3,100 is a pretty solid deal, considering new would be $4,750. The Black Oak veneer is a big step up in appearance, and worth the extra cost over the standard finish, IMO. I discounted these significantly because it's a pity that they aren't being used now that I've upgraded to JTR 215RTs/RM.

I've received a lot of PM's with interest for these but haven't sold them quite yet. The most common request is to get an estimated shipping quote, so I will give a ballpark here.

Thanks!
Ryan
@Ryansboston

I tried sending you PM but it looks like i am still 5 posts away from being able to PM. I am currently in talks with Jeff from JTR about buying directly as he will be in my hometown here in a few weeks. It looks like since you bought them these speakers came down quite a bit in price and are now currently $1199/piece. Given this update to what they are brand new, can you PM what your new price would be bottom dollar?

#24 ·
Sale fell through, so these are back on the market! Somebody please buy them before I change my mind and decide to just keep'em!

#25 ·
Sale Pending.. I'm gonna miss these beauties. Glad they will be going to a good home though :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.