AVS Forum banner
  • You have not yet participated enough to use the Marketplace

Reaction Audio XL 18 - pair

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Player3 
#1 · (Edited)
Reaction Audio XL 18 - pair SOLD

Reaction Audio is out of business, so view these as a DIY sub. As far as tuning goes, I honestly don't know. I haven't had the opportunity to take them outside and measure them. You might be able to do better using this driver and the amp and building your own cabinet, but that's up to you. However, the quality of the components is very, very high and I think you'd be hard pressed to build any DIY sub like this for $1250. The HT version of the SP1-4000 amplifier alone costs directly from SpeakerPower $949. (the HT version adds delay, crossover control and lf adjust, this is the standard SP1-4000 which is only available wholesale) Anyhow, it's the best plate amplifier I know of. And, these have upgraded drivers from Pierce Audio designed to handle the insane amount of power that this amp outputs, capable of 5 inch peak to peak travel.

Why am I selling? I just don't need this much output.

The price is firm, I think it's worth every penny considering the parts and these new, were actually $2500 each.

Local pick up, Los Angeles. (if you really want them I'll consider shipping, but I'm afraid it will be too expensive, roughly 150lbs each)

EDIT: One thing I just remembered I should mention, I was the first to receive the XL 18, and after 2 weeks the first drivers started to smell and failed in each. I contacted RA and we determined the drivers couldn't handle the heat from the power the amp was outputting, so RA contacted their supplier Pierce Audio and sent me ones with much stronger voice coils. I installed them myself per RA's instructions. Initially I had some issues with air leakage, apparently I used a sealant that was a little thicker than ideal but RA and Paul Pierce from Pierce Audio told me it should compress over time and that when it does just to continue to tighten it and it should be fine. So I did that, and I no longer seem to have issues with air leakage nor any issues whatsoever with power handling. Now, I honestly fear for my house more than I do from breaking these subs and I've heard no signs of distress. :D

----SOLD----

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
They are BEASTS! For sure, I can't even stress them. :D
From what I gathered it looks like people weren't always refunded their money, or didn't always receive their orders. It's a sad thing really, I think they had good intentions but just got in over their heads financially. Maybe expanded too quickly or too many new products at once, but back orders were a real issue which might've been the main problem. :(

#4 ·
That's sad to hear about RA. I was one of the first few who bought their BPS-215's when they first rolled out. Good luck with your sale! If I didn't just buy Cerwin Vega's 21" PA sub for midbass duty I'd snatch up those beasts!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
$1250 each
My goodness your setup looks amazing and those Ascend speakers
. I wish i was in the market to buy that would be my excuse to hear your setup lol. You're in LA too ahhh man......

GLWS

Can i ask where did you get your acoustic panels?
Thank you! I've been working very hard at it the last number of years, saving those pennies!

Yes, the burgandy and the black bass traps are from ATS acoustics. I now have some panels on the ceiling to form a cloud and those are from John Hunter Acoustics. They're local and they use Roxul insulation. I have found though GIK acoustics seems to be my favorite so far. I have two the 244 (full range version) panels and back to back I preferred the way they absorbed the highs and mids.

#14 ·
Thank you! I've been working very hard at it the last number of years, saving those pennies!

Yes, the burgandy and the black bass traps are from ATS acoustics. I now have some panels on the ceiling to form a cloud and those are from John Hunter Acoustics. They're local and they use Roxul insulation. I have found though GIK acoustics seems to be my favorite so far. I have two the 244 (full range version) panels and back to back I preferred the way they absorbed the highs and mids.
I have some questions pm sent.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.