Bryston SP2 Preamp - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By katzmo
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2017, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
katzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bryston SP2 Preamp

Bryston SP2 Pre/pro (upgraded SP 1.7 to SP 2 to be exact). I bought it from the original owner a few months ago with original box and all records of sale and upgrade. It is in perfect working and cosmetic condition. Something like $7,000 was spent between the original purchase and all the upgrades. I am selling for $1000, which is an absolute steal.

If you're not familiar do yourself a favor and check out the specs and reviews. It's two preamps in one chassis. You essentially get true audiophile Bryston BP26 stereo preamp quality with the added benefit of multichannel analog in/outs and home theater digital processing.

I used my OPPO 105 as my music source (Tidal) and to do my A/V switching (DirecTV, Apple TV), then sent the audio out to the SP2 (through both analog and digital outs, for various applications) and controlled all of it singularly with a Harmony remote. 100% brilliant set up.

Only reason I am selling, believe it or not, is my wife cannot live without onscreen volume display on the TV. No you don't get the Bryston's OSD with this setup, since there isn't any video side to this pristinely audiophile preamp, so she was annoyed that she never "knew" what the volume was. Whatever that means. So its time to move on to my next adventure in HT...

Prefer pickup in Los Angeles but open to whatever. Ill pay for PayPal, you pay to ship.

Actual pics to come. Heres a link to the pics from the ad I purchased from...

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...images/558684/

Thanks for looking.
danthony1 likes this.
katzmo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Newbie
 
stratfordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzmo View Post
Bryston SP2 Pre/pro (upgraded SP 1.7 to SP 2 to be exact). I bought it from the original owner a few months ago with original box and all records of sale and upgrade. It is in perfect working and cosmetic condition. Something like $7,000 was spent between the original purchase and all the upgrades. I am selling for $1000, which is an absolute steal.

If you're not familiar do yourself a favor and check out the specs and reviews. It's two preamps in one chassis. You essentially get true audiophile Bryston BP26 stereo preamp quality with the added benefit of multichannel analog in/outs and home theater digital processing.

I used my OPPO 105 as my music source (Tidal) and to do my A/V switching (DirecTV, Apple TV), then sent the audio out to the SP2 (through both analog and digital outs, for various applications) and controlled all of it singularly with a Harmony remote. 100% brilliant set up.

Only reason I am selling, believe it or not, is my wife cannot live without onscreen volume display on the TV. No you don't get the Bryston's OSD with this setup, since there isn't any video side to this pristinely audiophile preamp, so she was annoyed that she never "knew" what the volume was. Whatever that means. So its time to move on to my next adventure in HT...

Prefer pickup in Los Angeles but open to whatever. Ill pay for PayPal, you pay to ship.

Actual pics to come.
Thanks for looking.
Hi,

I am interested in your SP2 if it happen that you do not find any buyer, I am willing to give you exactly what you paid for.

Let me know.

Thanks.
stratfordguy is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old Today, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
katzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratfordguy View Post
Hi,

I am interested in your SP2 if it happen that you do not find any buyer, I am willing to give you exactly what you paid for.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Hey sorry for the delay, I thought I would get an email if someone replied. Anyhow, if you are still interested it is indeed still here. Where are you located?
katzmo is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Old Today, 11:46 AM
Newbie
 
stratfordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzmo View Post
Hey sorry for the delay, I thought I would get an email if someone replied. Anyhow, if you are still interested it is indeed still here. Where are you located?
I will PM you.
stratfordguy is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 12:05 PM
Newbie
 
stratfordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratfordguy View Post
I will PM you.
Not enough posts. Cannot PM. Give me you email.
stratfordguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Audio Gear

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off