PRICE REDUCED! - BRAND NEW - SONY BDP-S5000ES Blu-ray Disc player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-29-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AVSforum fans,

Up for sale is a brand new (NOT refurbished), in the box, unopened SONY BDP-S5000ES Blu-ray Disc player. I originally bought two of these at a SONY Factory Outlet store last year hoping to use them in our new house. As it turns out, I was only able to use one of the players since the second would not have fit in the media cabinet we eventually ended up buying for our master bedroom (the wife had her mind set on the furniture so I was out of luck). Unfortunately, I literally have no space for another one of these in our home, so I figured it was time to let someone else enjoy it. As you probably know, this model is arguably the best consumer Blu-ray player SONY has ever manufactured. Its built like a tank and you can just see the quality throughout (they dont make them like this anymore!). I can tell you from my own experience, this player produces the best 1080p Blu-ray video I have ever seen. My (other) S5000ES is paired with a SONY XBR 65" HX929 and the combination is stunning, easily surpassing any of my previous players including the PS3 (which I also still use for 3D). For you videophiles, the player has 14-bit Super Bit Mapping and various video adjustments so you can dial in the image output to your liking. The audio quality is also top notch and features 7.1 analog outputs in addition to HDMI. About the only gripes I have are that it doesn't support 3D and its a bit slow in loading up discs compared to the latest players. Neither were deal breakers for me and like I said, for 2D Blu-ray playback, it doesn't get much better than this. In any case, you can search the AVSforum threads and read reviews if you need more convincing. I really do hope it goes to a good home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Price includes standard shipping within the continental US and you can be sure I'll overpack with a separate box so it arrives safely. smile.gif
Reply Video Source Items

Tags
Sony Bdp S5000es Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S5000es by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page