Entertainment Experience TruVue Vango LED Projector - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Entertainment Experience TruVue Vango single chip DLP LED Front Projector with approximately 350 hours of use. It is in mint condition and was used from Oct 2010 until Jul 2011 in a smoke free and pet free environment. It has been boxed and stored in a climate controlled location since. I made the purchase from AVS in NY and Jason Turk performed the install and full calibration on Oct 23th, 2010. This Vango has the Long Throw Lens which has a 2.1:1 to 4.0:1 throw ratio. The projector was set up with an 11ft wide Stewart Studiotek 130 screen and anamorphic lens. I have original box, all accessories plus manual. It will be double boxed with insurance and shipping included in the asking price.

Overall picture quality:

In terms of brightness in my application, I was not left wanting for any more light in any movie I watched and in fact dialed it down from the calibrated setting on two SciFi films. (Examples-Alien and The Chronicles of Riddick) At no time did I feel the need to even go past the halfway point on the brightness scale and the in-theater experience was emulated perfectly.

Sharpness and Fine detail: The Vango is excellent in these areas. The image is extremely sharp, even with poor quality material and really pops and has that 3 dimensional feeling with the better quality films.

Colors: Excellent as well and the color box was not needed. The high ANSI contrast allows you to really see the different shades and textures of the colors. The Vango really shines in this area...

ANSI contrast: Outstanding! On/off contrast: Very very good. For all but the very darkest scenes, the Vango looks as good as any $20,000 to $30,000 projector and even some that are higher priced. The picture is simply stunning. (Examples-Ice Age and Cars)

Image depth: The Vango looks more three dimensional than most projectors I have seen.

Shadow detail: Excellent. I had absolutely no issues with discerning objects in dark scenes and easily seeing varying shades of black in the same scene.

The Vango has a very solid metal chassis. The optics of the projector are excellent in quality with extremely sharp focus over the entire screen area and there are very firm lens controls to shift horizontally and or vertically. The startup of the projector is very fast... In about 8 to 10 seconds you have the image. The Vango offers a comprehensive number of settings, with the backlit remote control allowing access and adjustments to all parameters. In terms of noise, the Vango produces a hum/whisper but it is not intrusive or noticeable during actual movie watching. Heat is not an issue for this projector since it is LED based.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Source Items

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page