ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus - Mint - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mint ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus file server...

6 Bays for up to 24TB of storage. X-Raid2 allows for easy expandability. Throw in whatever drives you have available and the unit will make the most of them. When you get larger capacity drives, it will expand the array for you (won't have to rebuild). Standard raid modes are also supported (0, 1, 5, 6 maybe 10).

Functions as a simple local file server, remote file server, media server, etc. Protocols include AFP, SMB, HTTPS, FTP, iSCSI and more. Supports Time Machine backups, rsync, Plex media server, standard DLNA media server, etc.

Dual gigabit network connections.

App. 1.5 years of remaining warranty. This is a very fast machine that will saturate a gigabit line for file sharing. Media serving is no problemo. Throw ALL of your Blu-rays and DVDs on this box, fire up Plex and call it a day. Since you'll likely have plenty of storage space left over, set up shares for your family and friends and then they can have their own personal clouds.

I do NOT have the original box. But I do have all of the paperwork. I'll package, insure and ship at buyer's expense. I also have 7x 3TB drives that I'll make available for $125/each. I was planning on using these in a different server. But you may need some to get started. These are certified on Netgear's hardware compatibility list and they've functioned flawlessly.

The box is very quiet, except for the fans spinning up upon startup and when it scrubs your data for errors. Most of the time, they swirl lazily and everything is silent. It will blast out e-mails, if you ever have a drive fail (why I have the 7th drive, just in case).

Great box. Great opportunity. Thanks for reading...

-Michael
Reply Video Source Items

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page