Lumagen Radiance XD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I’m an ISF certified calibrator so I purchased this to do my calibrating (as a pattern generator) and show off the capabilities of the Radiance. Due to its size and weight, my back muscles have said “no more”.

I have calibrated with this unit then double check the results against my VideoForge and the results are identical.

It really is as good as the hype given it. An extremely powerful tool that will serve as a command center for an entire home theater room. The specs can be found here: http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=radianceXD_details

This model is 3D upgradeable.

The difference between this and the current XE model is simple:
XD HDMI 1.1
XE HDMI 1.4 + 3D
So picture quality wise, no difference.
Sound wise, the XE will carry the new HD sound formats. How much of an impact will it have? Here’s a cut-n-paste from cnet:

How much better is the sound?
While there's no denying that the specs of the new high-resolution audio soundtracks are superior, it's worth pointing out that there are diminishing returns to improved audio quality. In other words, don't expect to hear a tremendous difference over standard Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks unless you have a high-end audio system--and even then, expect the difference to be relatively subtle. Even the experts have trouble hearing the differences in ideal environments.

The change is so small you can send this unit back to Lumagen Inc. in Oregon, they will change out a single circuit board thus sending you back an XE model equivalent. This is done for a price (of course) but still a lot less than the $5K needed for the XE model.

Item has a few scratches on the top but front is perfect. All original cables and remote are included. Everything functions as it should including front lights and remote.

If you’re within 100 miles of Des Moines, IA, we can work out a discount calibrating arrangement using the Lumagen.

If interested, please send an e-mail to:
JimAddy@hotmail.com

Thanks

Jim
Reply Video Source Items

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page