FS: BluRay Drive from Dune Smart B1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-24-2014, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
FS: BluRay Drive from Dune Smart B1

Kind of a funny thing to sell, but from what I hear someone out there might have a need for it.

I recently purchased a Dune Smart B1, I had no intentions of using it as a bluray disk player, so I pulled out the bluray drive to make room for an internal HDD.

I believe that the drive failure is fairly common, and costs a pretty penny to actually replace through typical methods. These drives are custom Dune drives, and apparently have their own firmware, so you can't use any drive as a replacement. Actually, physically they are about a 1/4" narrower than a typical 5.25" drive.

Since I don't need mine, perhaps someone out there would like to take it off my hands, and give the replacement a go for themselves? The actual replacement is pretty easy, just remove the lid of the B1, and there are 4 screws that hold the drive down (it's a tight fit, so a narrow screw driver is needed).

by the way, the drive does not come with a front tray plate (I needed it to fill the hole in the front of my B1 still), but it's easy to take off your old broken drive (slide it up while pulling out the center of the bottom part).

$40 CND + shipping for the drive, from what I heard the replacement cost is nearly $200 if you take it to dune.
Reply Video Source Items

Tags
dune b1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page