Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-06-2017, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 952
Lumagen Radiance Pro 4440

Lumagen Radiance Pro 4440 has been upgraded to a 4442 by adding two more HDMI inputs.
Bought New by me directly from Lumagen.
2U case
2 HDMI 1.4 inputs. 9 GHz
2 HDMI 2.0 inputs. 18 GHz
2 HDMI 1.4 outputs. 9 GHz
2 HDMI 2.0 outputs. 18 GHz

Link for details of the Pro 4440/2
http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...ncepro_details

Price $3995 USD, shipped UPS ground to continental USA included.
If you have a projector then this is a must have.

Here is what Kris Deering had to say about his Pro 4440. (Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine)
Posted here on AVS 09-22-2017
"Had a chance to finally get in and test the newest HDR intensity mapping today. I am using a JVC RS4500 and while I have thought the HDR Intensity mapping does a good job, I had been getting better results with a custom curve made using the ARVE software spoken about so much in the JVC threads. Just recently I had dialed things in nicely with that tool in combination with the dynamic range slider on the Panasonic UB900 to get the right balance of shadow detail and tone mapping when compared directly to the same HDR images on my C7 OLED. I was seeing considerable differences in shadow detail before.

Today I got the chance to compare the HDR Intensity Mapping to my latest results with the Arve/Panasonic combo and I must say, Jim has won the race. I've given him feedback in other iterations for issues I was seeing but this latest version seems to have resolved them all. The tone mapping looks fantastic on the high end with all the clips I typically look at for issues and the shadow detail on the bottom end is even better than I could achieve with my recent attempts using the other tools. Far more in line with what I see from C7 OLED in this regard. So for now HDR Intensity Mapping is definitely what I'll be using going forward at this point as it seems to deliver the best results I've seen so far! I did find some minor issues that Jim is looking at, but it was test pattern based only. "

Yes my Pro 4440/2 has the update that Kris was talking about plus the latest update for the "minor issues" fix, Kris was talking about.

ss
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RadiancePro_front_whtL.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	2293456   Click image for larger version

Name:	RadiancePro_fback_wht.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	684.7 KB
ID:	2293458  

"Don't worry be happy"
For Sale Lumagen Radiance Pro 4440/2, see link for details
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/210-vi...l#post54911046

Last edited by sillysally; 10-16-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-12-2017, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Lumagen Radiance Pro 4440 has been upgraded to a 4442 by adding two more HDMI inputs.
Still under warranty, like new condition, bought New by me directly from Lumagen. 2U case
2 HDMI 1.4 inputs. 9 GHz
2 HDMI 2.0 inputs. 18 GHz
2 HDMI 1.4 outputs. 9 GHz
2 HDMI 2.0 outputs. 18 GHz

Link for details of the Pro 4440/2
http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...ncepro_details

Price $3995 USD, shipped UPS ground to continental USA included.
If you have a projector then this is a must have.

Here is what Kris Deering had to say about his Pro 4440. (Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine)
Posted here on AVS 09-22-2017
"Had a chance to finally get in and test the newest HDR intensity mapping today. I am using a JVC RS4500 and while I have thought the HDR Intensity mapping does a good job, I had been getting better results with a custom curve made using the ARVE software spoken about so much in the JVC threads. Just recently I had dialed things in nicely with that tool in combination with the dynamic range slider on the Panasonic UB900 to get the right balance of shadow detail and tone mapping when compared directly to the same HDR images on my C7 OLED. I was seeing considerable differences in shadow detail before.

Today I got the chance to compare the HDR Intensity Mapping to my latest results with the Arve/Panasonic combo and I must say, Jim has won the race. I've given him feedback in other iterations for issues I was seeing but this latest version seems to have resolved them all. The tone mapping looks fantastic on the high end with all the clips I typically look at for issues and the shadow detail on the bottom end is even better than I could achieve with my recent attempts using the other tools. Far more in line with what I see from C7 OLED in this regard. So for now HDR Intensity Mapping is definitely what I'll be using going forward at this point as it seems to deliver the best results I've seen so far! I did find some minor issues that Jim is looking at, but it was test pattern based only. "

Yes my Pro 4440/2 has the update that Kris was talking about plus the latest update for the "minor issues" fix, Kris was talking about.

ss
Please, what would be the cost to send in France?

Regards

Yves
post #3 of 4 Old 10-12-2017, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysati View Post

Regards

Yves
I don't know, have never shipped outside of the USA.

ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysati View Post

Regards

Yves
I checked out USPS shipping costs.
It seems to ship to France the cost would be about $100.00 usd, depending on how fast you want the Pro.

Hope this info helps.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

Last edited by Mike Lang; 10-18-2017 at 11:05 AM.

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

My Pro is now being held for 24 hours, pending sale.
I will update to this post if the Pro is sold or not.

Thanks for looking.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Source Items

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page