up for sale is a set of custom 12 gauge home speaker connection cables 10.5 foot each - 1 pair in this sale
I used large gauge wire (12gauge) twisted and tinned for the durability and sound quality. Covered in PET expandable sleeving like most high end cables , but I also used the PET covering on the leads – most do not. I also used more expensive dual wall adhesive lined heat shrink. This keeps the heat shirk in place and will not rip , tear of stretch out of shape. I color coded the positive and negative with the same heat shirk.
I also terminated with 7 stick spring pure cooper 24k coated banana plugs for the receiver end of the cable (nakamachi)
And 24K plated, Pure copper made, handle Pearl chrol plated. Double screws locking spades for the speaker side. I did this so the speaker wire would have a better connection and lay closer to the back of the speaker instead of hanging to far off the back . Plus if you move the speakers for cleaning you could bend a banana plug these spades are extra heavy.
Each cable is very heavy almost 1 pound each (15oz.)
These cables takes hours to make correctly and they show it -
*12 gauge wire = $1.60 per foot 21 ft = $33.60
*3/8 1n sleeving 20 foot = $6.99
*1/8 in sleeving 4 ft = $1.88
*3/8 in dual wall heat shrink $1.66 per ft = 1 ft = $1.89
*1/2 in dual wall heat shrink $1.90 per ft = 1ft = $2.10
* 4 nacamichi 7 spring banana plugs $11.00
* 4 heavy gauge spade connectors $11.00
honest TOTAL BUILD COST $68.46 plus labor cost for building these cables takes me 3 + hours to make a set
also sourcing the better speaker cable and using USA made PET and heat shrink was time comsumming but WORTH IT !!!
I replace my standard set of OFC monster 14 gauge cables at home and I could tell these sound better - better wire gave my a crisp , warm responce
great bass and a very smooth sound ... better wire + better termination = better sound quality
Tsunami A.C.T. Competition Series Preium 12 gauge twisted speaker wire
All Tsunami wire products are sized by true USA AWG standards. This competition quality wire is made with 100% oxygen-free tinned copper
· Color - Yellow / Silver
· Gauge - 12 Gauge - 2 Conductor - twisted pair
· Gauge Based on True AWG Standards
· 100% Oxygen-Free Tinned 99% Copper
· Solid core low-frequency conductors
· 3/8" Tight Braided PET Expandable Sleeving over entire cable
· Dual wall heat shrink tubing with adhesive lining
· 1/8" Tight Braided PET Expandable Sleeving over cable ends
· 4 Nakamachi banana plugs copper construction. 7 Stick springs for increased contact pressure. 24k gold plating for maximum signal transfer & durability. Double screws locking
· 4 Spade / Fork terminals 24K gold plated for maximum signal transfer & durability. Pure copper made, handle Pearl chrol plated. Double screws locking
· Hand made and made in the USA
Tin Copper Speaker Wire
Low resistance speaker cable, overcoming skin effect & transient distortion. Tin is an element that resists water and oxygen so it is not subject to corrosion. Copper wire is coated with tin in order to keep its conductive characteristics while becoming much more resistant to corrosion by protecting it from the elements. It also provides much more strength and durability to the wire. Tinned copper wire can last up to 10 times longer than untinned wire.
The only disadvantage of tinned wire is that it is somewhat more costly than untinned wire, perhaps as much as 30 percent. However, when you consider the advantages of longer life and the intangible of not having the wire fail just when you need it most, the cost differential becomes insignificant.
These cables look great !! I took the extra time to find flaws in other cable to perfect my cables.
any questions fee free to email me EISNERRACING@ HOTMAIL.COM