windows media remote inop after vista to windows 7 64 upgrade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
windows media remote inop after vista to windows 7 64 upgrade

I have a h/p desktop..it has a tv card installed with a dtv and analog tuner also..IT HAS NO EXTERNAL IR INPUT..THE COMPUTER WAS BOUGHT WITH A WM,REMOTE CONTROL..AND IT HAS WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE...THE WIRELESS MOUSE AND KEYBOARD HAS A WIRELESS USB TO CONTROL THEM..NOW WHEN I TRY TO USE THE WM REMOTE CONTROL IT DOES NOT WORK?BUT WERE IS THE IR RECEIVER? IS IT BUILT IN THE TUNER CARD?BECAUSE THERE IS NO EXTERNAL IR INPUT TO PLUG IN?OR DOES THE MOUSE KEYBORD WIRELESS USB DEVICE CONTROL IT?OR IS IT MISSING A SOFTWARE DRIVER AFTER WINDOWS VISTA 32 UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 64 ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
You can buy an MCE remote that comes with a usb IR dongle. What will replace your existing remote for WMC.

Or if you want to mess around trying to get this one to work then start by going to the HP support site for your HP model Desktop. Maybe there's some drivers. What is the HP model number? If you look in Windows Device Manager, are there any yellow ! triangle (items that Windows doesn't have drivers for)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=hammerdwn;26040314]You can buy an MCE remote that comes with a usb IR dongle. What will replace your existing remote for WMC.

Or if you want to mess around trying to get this one to work then start by going to the HP support site for your HP model Desktop. Maybe there's some drivers. What is the HP model number? If you look in Windows Device Manager, are there any yellow ! triangle (items that Windows doesn't have drivers for)?( Its a h/p m8330f media model..no yellow triangle..
post #4 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Starting on page 62 of the manual provided by HP for your model it talks about a USB IR Receiver and eHome receiver in Windows Device Manager. Do you not have the physical usb receiver that the manual says you should have? Do you see the eHome receiver in device manager? You might be able to get just the receiver on eBay... No software or drivers should be needed in Win 7.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hammerdwn; 07-25-2014 at 03:01 PM.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

the only USB device that the computer has is for the for the keyboard and the mouse there's no IR input on the computer at all I'm just wondering if the IR reciver is built into the video card itself what do u think?
post #6 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Look around for this HP Media Center IR USB Receiver If you can't find it, buy one. Your remote won't work without one...

post #7 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

I have what looks like the same thing 5219crf from the looks its close to the same thing.but it will only work with the mouse and keyboard..i can send a picture but not sure how to send a photo to this forum?i thought that the remote should work and program with the remote control?mabe this computer has 2 of thease and im missing the IR ONE THAT LOOKS THE ONE I HAVE??

Last edited by tomstr65; 07-25-2014 at 10:08 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-26-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Page 36 of the manual provided by HP for your model shows what the keyboard/mouse dongle should look like. According to the manual it should be just a small piece that looks like a usb flash drive (no wire attached).

post #9 of 11 Old 07-26-2014, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Man you know your stuff!!!your right thats what im missing!!you my friend are smart!!!
post #10 of 11 Old 07-26-2014, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

My mother gave me this computer..she never used it..it was just dusty..cleaned it up..first mistake..installed windows 7..should have tested the stuff first..my mother has another laptop that has a dongle on the side i seen it the otherday she said she uses it for the mouse..i bet thats the one that goes to my desktop!
post #11 of 11 Old 07-28-2014, 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=hammerdwn;26054490]Page 36 of the manual provided by HP for your model shows what the keyboard/mouse dongle should look like. According to the manual it should be just a small piece that looks like a usb flash drive (no wire attached). I want to thank you for all your knowlage..if it wasent for you i whould have installed new software..you saved me time and money!!! I BOUGHT THE TOP BOX SENSOR AS I CALL IT..FROM EBAY..8.00. SO THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLAGE!!!!!
Reply HTPC Computer Items

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page