$499 obo - Media/Storage Server parts - Tyan + dual L5520 + 24GB RAM + heatsinks. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 125
$499 obo - Media/Storage Server parts - Tyan + dual L5520 + 24GB RAM + heatsinks.

Hey guys,
I'm in the middle of some renovation... and I have a bunch of extra things lying around.

Here's a complete setup for a very high performance media storage server. This setup is fully ESXi compatible, and infact that's what I was using it for. It was running a whole bunch of VMs, including a virtualized pfSense (hey it has 4 nics onboard), Domain controller, Plex server, storage server, 3 virtualized HTPCs (yup, ) among other things.

It includes.

- Tyan S7012WGM4NR dual 1366 motherboard - Sought after Tyan motherboard, with onboard 8 port LSI 1068e SAS controller (dual 8087 connectors onboard) and quad gigabit LAN and BMC. The on-board SAS controller works just fine with expanders, tested. The board has onboard BMC, so you can access the BIOS/screen etc remotely with a browser. Very handy.

- Dual Intel L5520 Xeon CPUs - matched pair. These are the low power versions.

- 24GB DDR3 1600 ECC Registered RAM (6x4GB sticks) - Matched lot. I do not have any more. I had 256GB of these, but this is the last set.

- Dual
Supermicro SNK-P0038P passive heatisnks for the Xeons. With the usual airflow in a chassis, these work just great.

- IO shield

- I'll throw in a few (new) Supermicro SATA cables as well (just say how many),
I have a whole bunch lying around. If you say 10, that's ok. If you say 100, I'll smack you.

Everything works as it should, I just decommissioned the server. The CPUs and heatsinks are already installed, and it's perfectly OK to ship it like that (it'll be packed well), but if you'd like me to remove them, I will.

The server was housed in a Rackable 3U chassis with 16 hotswap bays and a triple redundant power supply (which was actually not used, I used a different power supply). I don't want to list the chassis with this as it's quite heavy to ship and a lil beat up, although fully functional. If you'd like the chassis and power supply as well, please let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Free shipping for these components themselves, in the lower 48 states. If you have any questions, lemme know.
The pictures below are stock photos of everything, if you want me to take actual pictures, lemme know, although they won't look any different from these, and probably won't be as high quality.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 853
All day this is a deal... Wish I had a use for it

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 125
This is spoken for. Thank you.
Mfusick likes this.
Reply HTPC Computer Items
Gear in this thread - L5520 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page