Entire 1000 Blu-Ray Collection Part Out Due to Health Reasons-Look Here 4K/3D/BluRay! - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 312Likes

post #61 of 226 Old 03-05-2017, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc1475 View Post
I am only looking for a great deal better than what I can get on normal routes. When you played heart strings due to severe health issues Most would think you would sell mostly used DVD's cheap to get rid of them being in dire straights but turns out this is not exactly the case here. Did you mention you're an online Ebay seller as well? Seems like the health issue may be a ploy to get sales, b/c when asked what was your health issue you clammed up...

Hit me back when you really really need to sell & maybe I will consider. Like I said I bought many DVD's at a local video store going outta business and see no reason to pay full price unless they all are new & from Amazon etc.

Otherwise if the prices you're charging are the same to not much better than Amazon or Ebay so I will buy from them as they are new Movies with safety nets of refunds & return policy options if defective etc.

Because I have been burnt b4 from buying & trusting strangers over the years. There are even those selling hot stuff online too which gets the seller & buyer into big trouble.

I also asked you twice in PM's how the payment would work but got no response. This all seems kinda fishy so I think I will pass. Your Avatar photo of a demented killer clown doesn't help in the visual trustworthiness factor either being in the news cycles. IMO
That is a little harsh there especially toward a well respected forum member. I do understand you are looking at USED prices that is cheaper than Amazon but all of his movies are basically NEW-LIKE so they are going to be in MINT shape. I have seen some of the movies I bought are same price as amazon but remember he is offering FREE shipping so it would still be little cheaper than amazon after tax and shipping. And even if its exact same price, I feel good also helping out a fellow AVSer that needs to get his medical bills paid. Also he mentioned he would be willing to negotiate pricing somewhat, all you had to do was ask and see what deal you could get. If you did not like his prices, just say ok and move on. There is no need to insult a person cause you don't like his prices.
iStorm, Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 226 Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by timc1475 View Post
When you played heart strings due to severe health issues Most would think you would sell mostly used DVD's cheap to get rid of them being in dire straights but turns out this is not exactly the case here. Did you mention you're an online Ebay seller as well? Seems like the health issue may be a ploy to get sales, b/c when asked what was your health issue you clammed up...
I see you edited your post again to try to make me look bad yet again so I'm going to respond to this and then I need you to please leave me alone... you just keep harassing me because I wouldn't sell my collectable items to you for a couple of bucks aka garage sale prices..

I "clammed up" when you asked me about my issues because it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! It is only mine and my family's business, period! My eBay name is blu_ray_collector because I collect blu-rays, not re-sell them to make a buck. I have had a total of 4 blu-ray collections over the years and have had to piece them out for different reasons (by choice, health reasons, struggling for money, etc).. I have been desperate in the past selling ones that go for over $10 for $2 and stuff like you're asking me to do.. but this time I am not going to get desperate and lose a ton of money again.. My treatments for my health cost several hundred dollars a month and I'm just a 28 year old trying to make it in the business world.. I shouldn't have to go through these health problems at a young age.. so for you to keep bad mouthing me because I won't go down to your garage sale prices is ridiculous. Instead of using all of this energy to insult someone you do not even know, you should use it on something more valuable. Again, you're wasting my time and I would never want to sell to someone like you. So again, PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE.

*Also, you say that I ignored you when you asked how payment would work, but I responded to all of your messages almost immediately and told you to make me an offer since you had a lot of titles in mind but I told you from the start, I am absolutely not taking these ridiculously low garage sale prices on the items.*

Selling Entire Blu-Ray Collection

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/213-ph...l#post50923577
post #63 of 226 Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Hi Storm,
I've been eyeing up your awesome collection since you first posted it for sale. I'll be in touch this week to purchase some.
Unlike this character that posted all that negative stuff, I can see you take great pride in your items. I wish you all the best with your medical issues, and don't let posts like his get you down.
Talk to you soon

post #64 of 226 Old 03-05-2017, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Hi Storm,
I've been eyeing up your awesome collection since you first posted it for sale. I'll be in touch this week to purchase some.
Unlike this character that posted all that negative stuff, I can see you take great pride in your items. I wish you all the best with your medical issues, and don't let posts like his get you down.
Talk to you soon
Hey Subacabra! I'm glad to hear that you are interested in some items and I really appreciate the kind words! I come from 6 Subarus (STI's and WRX's) and my sister drives a 2017 Forrester! I look forward to working with you soon! Thanks for your wishes as well, that really means a lot!
Louis Bartay and subacabra like this.

post #65 of 226 Old 03-06-2017, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Already watched one of the movies I bought from @iStorm this past weekend. Plan to purchase more movies.....but I need EVERYONE to stop buying them before I do. LOL Never seen someone with quite a collection like this. This shows he truly takes pride in his collection.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #66 of 226 Old 03-06-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Already watched one of the movies I bought from @iStorm this past weekend. Plan to purchase more movies.....but I need EVERYONE to stop buying them before I do. LOL Never seen someone with quite a collection like this. This shows he truly takes pride in his collection.
DITTO ereed... We have watched several from my first order of 8 that arrived very well packaged and ALL of them look NEW. I just ordered 8 more that my wife wanted and next week end our Grand Son (13) will be here and I am sure he will want a few that I have missed for him.
brian6751, ereed, iStorm and 1 others like this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II,
Klipsch Sub 12 X 3
SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD PS3
post #67 of 226 Old 03-06-2017, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
I can't promise that 😀
ereed, iStorm and Louis Bartay like this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
post #68 of 226 Old 03-07-2017, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Received my shipment of movies from @iStorm today. All in excellent condition and 1 still had the shrink wrap on it! This was a great transaction. I wish you all the best @iStorm .
post #69 of 226 Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 809
post #70 of 226 Old 03-07-2017, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
What 4K UHD do you have left?
He has them listed on his latest link. but maybe Robert has this large list on a spread sheet in his PC that he can have quick access to just 4K, not sure. I can say from my experience ALL of my orders have arrived on time and not even a finger print on the opened and lightly used one's.
iStorm and retro124 like this.

Klipsch Heresy II,
Klipsch Sub 12 X 3
SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD PS3
post #71 of 226 Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaroberts View Post
Received my shipment of movies from @iStorm today. All in excellent condition and 1 still had the shrink wrap on it! This was a great transaction. I wish you all the best @iStorm .
I'm really glad that everything arrived in a timely manner in excellent condition! I definitely appreciate your business and please do not hesitate to ask if there's anything that I can ever do for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
What 4K UHD do you have left?
Hey if you just go to the first post and ctrl + F 4K then you should be able to find them. I still have a ton left and most of them are like brand new or sealed and a lot even have slip covers. Please let me know what I can do for you, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
He has them listed on his latest link. but maybe Robert has this large list on a spread sheet in his PC that he can have quick access to just 4K, not sure. I can say from my experience ALL of my orders have arrived on time and not even a finger print on the opened and lightly used one's.
Hey, I do have an excel sheet as well but it is formatted just like the first post so ctrl+F will find it quicker than me reposting. I appreciate your kind words! Your box and everyone else's is shipping tomorrow since I have been working a lot of overtime. As always, I will ensure that they're packaged well and send you the tracking when it has shipped tomorrow. Thank you for all of your continued support!

*Guys and Gals there are still 790 blu-rays for sale and I am willing to work out bundle packages but please keep in mind at this point I am not desperate to get rid of my lovely collection so I will do reasonable negotiations. Some of these are going to be great collector pieces for the future as well.*
Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

post #72 of 226 Old 03-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Pm sent dude!
iStorm and Louis Bartay like this.
post #73 of 226 Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like package with movies is on the way !!! Yes !!! can't wait to get them. Time to build more shelfs

Denon X6200W
post #74 of 226 Old 03-08-2017, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Wink

Quote:
Pm sent dude!
It was an absolute pleasure getting you setup with some awesome titles! Let me know how Avatar Extended Cut is because I've only seen the non Extended version before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Looks like package with movies is on the way !!! Yes !!! can't wait to get them. Time to build more shelfs
Yes sir!!!!!! Thanks again for everything buddy! Enjoy !!

Everyone else should have gotten a PM from me tonight with tracking information. I finally got all orders caught up and shipped! There's still a ton of stuff for sale! I'll give reasonable deals as always so let me know your offers! As always thank you for all of your support!

post #75 of 226 Old 03-13-2017, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Received my discs today and they are in beautiful condition. Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

post #76 of 226 Old 03-13-2017, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey Robert my second order of 8 arrived today. One is still sealed :-) All of them look MINT Thanks Robert
iStorm and retro124 like this.

Klipsch Heresy II,
Klipsch Sub 12 X 3
SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD PS3
post #77 of 226 Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Today I received 15 movies from @iStorm , thank you Robert. 3 of them brand new never opened, rest like new really nice set of movies.

Thank you !!!

Denon X6200W
post #78 of 226 Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Let me know when the list is updated. Ready to buy more!

post #79 of 226 Old 03-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Received all my movies today, in perfect condition
Thanks Rob!
post #80 of 226 Old 03-14-2017, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 772
I should have posted sooner, but my movies arrived while I was gone for 10 days on a business trip.

The post about questioning his motives for selling the movies was a bit out of line. Initially I thought some of the movies were prices a little high for used, when comparing them to new prices. I simply shot him a PM with an offer on several titles and explained where I was coming from with the offer. We exchanged very cordial PM's and came to a fair agreement that we were both happy with.

My movies arrived in perfect shape and two of them were still factory sealed. No issues on my end whatsoever.. Definitely would recommend this seller to anyone out there.

Good luck and I hope things get better for you in the future.
post #81 of 226 Old 03-14-2017, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddUGA View Post
Received my discs today and they are in beautiful condition. Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hey again Todd! I am really happy that everything arrived to you in the same shape that I sent it! You have been great to work with and I really appreciate your order!

Quote:
Hey Robert my second order of 8 arrived today. One is still sealed :-) All of them look MINT Thanks Robert
Louis, I'm so happy that they're mint . You have really helped me out and I really appreciate that! I'm glad that I can give you a piece of my collection that is dear to my heart.

Quote:
Today I received 15 movies from @iStorm , thank you Robert. 3 of them brand new never opened, rest like new really nice set of movies.

Thank you !!!
You Rock Pavel! I really appreciate all of your referrals and for believing in the excellent movies that I have to offer. You sir are a true stand up guy!

Quote:
Let me know when the list is updated. Ready to buy more!
Hey again Ereed! I am happy that you want to buy more! I can definitely get that list updated ASAP for you and everyone else that wants some more! Thanks again for all of your support! *Edit* I just updated the list!

Quote:
Received all my movies today, in perfect condition
Thanks Rob!
I'm really happy to hear this! I truly take pride in taking care of my movies and also packaging them so you get them in the same shape I sent them in! I am looking forward to working with you more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
I should have posted sooner, but my movies arrived while I was gone for 10 days on a business trip.

The post about questioning his motives for selling the movies was a bit out of line. Initially I thought some of the movies were prices a little high for used, when comparing them to new prices. I simply shot him a PM with an offer on several titles and explained where I was coming from with the offer. We exchanged very cordial PM's and came to a fair agreement that we were both happy with.

My movies arrived in perfect shape and two of them were still factory sealed. No issues on my end whatsoever.. Definitely would recommend this seller to anyone out there.

Good luck and I hope things get better for you in the future.
Wow, I am amazed by all of the kind words! It is really nice knowing that there are good people out there and who can see clearly that I never intended to part my collection out, it is just what I have to do right now. Thanks for believing in me and not hesitating to just offer me a reasonable number and meeting me in the middle. I am glad that you respect that I am also a reasonable individual who offers a great product at a fair price. I will continue to do deals with all forum members and I thank you for your support once again!

*Guys/Gals please keep in mind that if you can think of an offer for me that is reasonable, I will work with you.. I had to list prices by the forum rules so I just went off of sold items that are in similar shape on Ebay and asking prices on Amazon. So that means if I have a rare slipcover on the front and it is in mint shape, then I am charging more for that item because a similar one sold at that price and the chances are that mine will be in better shape if it is a used item sold on eBay even.. so I am really trying to be fair with each and every one of you. I would like to move these items quickly so don't be afraid to make reasonable offers..*

Last edited by iStorm; 03-14-2017 at 05:37 PM.
post #82 of 226 Old 03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@iStorm Thank you for all movies I got from you. Right now our daughter watch Bolt movie from you. She said, Dad can you please thank you for me to Mr. Robert
iStorm, januza and Louis Bartay like this.

Denon X6200W
post #83 of 226 Old 03-14-2017, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
@iStorm Thank you for all movies I got from you. Right now our daughter watch Bolt movie from you. She said, Dad can you please thank you for me to Mr. Robert
That's heartwarming Pavel! Tell her that her daddy is the reason she is able to watch that awesome movie and that Robert is very appreciative of all of what Pavel has done for him! Thanks again buddy!
januza, Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

post #84 of 226 Old 03-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
I have purchased from him and ALL are LIKE NEW. IMHO you should have PM this and not posted what you did in public. I thought his avatar was funny. You are entitled to your opinions and I am too........... your sir are WAY out of line. If you did not like the price why did bother him.

I have bought as well. All like brand spanking new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #85 of 226 Old 03-15-2017, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by januza View Post
I have bought as well. All like brand spanking new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey again!!! I'm really happy that you received your movies and are satisfied! You were great to work with and again, I really appreciate it!

I am currently updating the first post with sold items from today and yesterday. Don't be afraid to shoot me offers . Thanks again for all of your support!!
januza and Louis Bartay like this.

post #86 of 226 Old 03-16-2017, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
I got my movies the other day. Great packaging and they all look like new. One of them was still shrink wrapped. My Daughter and I enjoyed Coraline 3D the other night. Loved it. Thanks again. Im going into your list for more!!

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
post #87 of 226 Old 03-16-2017, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I got my movies the other day. Great packaging and they all look like new. One of them was still shrink wrapped. My Daughter and I enjoyed Coraline 3D the other night. Loved it. Thanks again. Im going into your list for more!!
Hey again Brian! That's excellent to hear! I unfortunately never got a chance to watch coraline 3D but I'm sure it was awesome! I appreciate your support and thanks again for not only this order but yet another one, you rock!

*A side note guys... please keep in mind if you're comparing my pricing to places like amazon, especially used prices. Each used item charges $4 for shipping. So here's an example. Let's say you price a movie I have for $4 and Amazon says $.98 for the item. You also have to add on the $3.99 shipping so my item would still be cheaper. Also if you add on two items for $.98 and they're used and not fulfilled by Amazon then that's going to cost you around $9 still since there will be two charges of $3.99 for shipping. Also you have to realize on Amazon or pretty much any other retailer you will pay tax on top. Now I understand if you have amazon prime and my item has (N) for new beside it and it will cost you $16 for an item I'm also charging $16 for but wouldn't you like to support me for the same price and still save tax? Also some of my used or new items might be more than places like amazon especially if it includes a slip cover or a rare slip cover because these are more collectible and in demand so people will pay more for them. If you don't want the slipcover and want to pay me less then just ask. I will work with you guys. I'm here for all of you and I'm willing to be very fair on these deals. Also, I do not have time to constantly update prices. Blu ray buying is like the stock market... prices will go up and they will go down.. so just be aware of this and let me know if you found my same item for cheaper in the same condition and I'll match it for you! Finally, if you aren't a 3D person and want a movie that includes a 2D copy (most of the ones I'm selling also include a 2D copy and a DVD) then just ask me to lower the price and not include the 3D disc. I am here to take care of you guys and give you excellent quality movies and again I appreciate all of the support and it is really helping me pay for my bills and treatment plan. If you need anything at all I'm here for you so don't hesitate to ask! *
brian6751 likes this.

post #88 of 226 Old 03-16-2017, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStorm View Post
Hey again Brian! That's excellent to hear! I unfortunately never got a chance to watch coraline 3D but I'm sure it was awesome! I appreciate your support and thanks again for not only this order but yet another one, you rock!

*A side note guys... please keep in mind if you're comparing my pricing to places like amazon, especially used prices. Each used item charges $4 for shipping. So here's an example. Let's say you price a movie I have for $4 and Amazon says $.98 for the item. You also have to add on the $3.99 shipping so my item would still be cheaper. Also if you add on two items for $.98 and they're used and not fulfilled by Amazon then that's going to cost you around $9 still since there will be two charges of $3.99 for shipping. Also you have to realize on Amazon or pretty much any other retailer you will pay tax on top. Now I understand if you have amazon prime and my item has (N) for new beside it and it will cost you $16 for an item I'm also charging $16 for but wouldn't you like to support me for the same price and still save tax? Also some of my used or new items might be more than places like amazon especially if it includes a slip cover or a rare slip cover because these are more collectible and in demand so people will pay more for them. If you don't want the slipcover and want to pay me less then just ask. I will work with you guys. I'm here for all of you and I'm willing to be very fair on these deals. Also, I do not have time to constantly update prices. Blu ray buying is like the stock market... prices will go up and they will go down.. so just be aware of this and let me know if you found my same item for cheaper in the same condition and I'll match it for you! Finally, if you aren't a 3D person and want a movie that includes a 2D copy (most of the ones I'm selling also include a 2D copy and a DVD) then just ask me to lower the price and not include the 3D disc. I am here to take care of you guys and give you excellent quality movies and again I appreciate all of the support and it is really helping me pay for my bills and treatment plan. If you need anything at all I'm here for you so don't hesitate to ask! *
Be careful if 3D should be parted seperately and vise versa. Some people want 3D and also 2D in case they didn't like 3D version. Also some 3D versions have BOTH 3d and 2d on same disk, some do not. Something to think about before separating the disks.
iStorm likes this.

post #89 of 226 Old 03-16-2017, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Be careful if 3D should be parted seperately and vise versa. Some people want 3D and also 2D in case they didn't like 3D version. Also some 3D versions have BOTH 3d and 2d on same disk, some do not. Something to think about before separating the disks.
Yes sir I definitely hear you. It's not ideal to separate but I'll do it if needed since I've had good luck selling the 3D disc separate. I don't separate if the 3D and 2D are on same disc. I don't have too many 3Ds where they're on the same disc either.

post #90 of 226 Old 03-18-2017, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
got all my movies today, some were still shrink wrapped, pleasure doing business with you, thanks again!!
iStorm likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Physical Media Items (Movies etc)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page