Large Digital Library of BluRay Disc quality 1080p media/movies - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a massive collections of movies and assorted media (tv show seasons, some internet media I liked, etc). What I don't have is the know-how, patience, or time, to digitize and standardize all of it and figure out the best setups for playback on my Panasonic 65vt50.

What I am looking for is someone who has a lot of experience in streaming digital collections to their TV AND someone who has a large ( massive preferably) media library that is willing to sell their services to me. This would include suggesting the best method of transferring the files (physical mail in an external hard drive, setting up some sort of ftp transfer maybe) and overseeing the process.

I only ask for titles I have already purchased the rights to, so I am only interested in responses from people with extensive libraries that contain most new release movies, classics, and a list of my favorites which I am looking for. The more the merrier. I have had a deal with a family friend who is a large media distributor that has allowed me to purchase BD discs very cheaply over the years. I have over a 1,000 blue ray movies to give an idea of what I am looking for.

I believe the best option is a dedicated media pc with an enormous storage capacity.

I am listing this at 400 USD but I will be honest that I am willing to pay more depending on the quality level of the content, the extent of the collection, and the confidence I have in character of the person selling. I will be expecting a motivated and knowledgeable seller.

Bare minimum of 300 digital titles please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I would like to add to this request for anyone interested...

You can get two customers out of this. smile.gif

I have about 300 Blu-Rays and about 200 DVD's that I'd like the movie only (and in Blu-Ray case the lossless audio track only) put on hard drives for me to use as a NAS with a Dune media player.

I don't need help setting up or anything else... All I need is for someone to take my discs and rip them into whatever works best for movie only, whether it be ISO, MKV, BDMV folders, etc.

I currently use a Sony BDP-CX7000es 400 Disc Blu-Ray changer but am tired of all the menu's, the slow load time, previews, etc.

I am NOT (just as the original poster) looking to steal/pirate movies and have purchased all the movies I own via retail outlets and they're currently loaded in the Sony 7000 Blu-Ray changer and the DVD's are loaded in a Sony 400 disc DVD changer.

I hope the original poster doesn't mind me piggy-backing on his post, but I figured since we are looking for the same thing, maybe whoever is interested may be more inclined to do this work if he/she knew he had more than one interested client.

Let us know, and thank you!!

--Jason

Thanks to EVERYONE that Helps Make These Threads so Awesome!

post #3 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,
long time lurker and new user, I registered just to pay back some of the knowledge I have gained from this great forum.

I am in a similar situation as the both of you and this is my plan in motion :

- All my discs will be (are being, actually) ripped to ISOs and stored on a multi disk server. Disks are currently being ripped to single HDDs since I am still finalizing the final server specs (still deciding if it's worth going with RAID-5... it will probably be JBOD).

- Ripped discs are also stored on LTO-5 backup tapes for long term archival and quick restore time in case of a disk failure in the main server. I decided on LTO-5 tapes for long term reliability and great storage/cost ratio (I don't want to restart ripping discs in 4/5 years when [not if!] an HDD fails. This way I can quickly recover the 100 or so BDs I would otherwise lose when an HDD breaks).

The amount of data we are talking about is huge, so I would not even consider any kind of online process (and I don't really trust mailing HDDs either :-)). Better find someone you can mail the discs to and get them back with an LTO-5 tape (even better, find someone who lives closer to you that can do the job).

I am currently in the initial renovation stage of my home and the final plans include a dedicated home theatre space, so this is not going to be something which needs to ready in a very short time. If you are interested I'll keep you posted with more technical details about the server and streaming setup as things progress.

Hope this gave you something to think about :-)
Reply Help Wanted/Seeking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page