Looking for housemate in Seattle/Renton, WA (owner-occupied w/ media room) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2013, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Looking for one housemate to share my 2800+ SF house in Renton, and would be cool if a fellow AVS'er is looking for a place to live. The link below is to my current CL ad, with the boring stuff:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/roo/4072385847.html

Now, info that a fellow HT enthusiast would be interested in! wink.gif

The house has a decent dedicated media room (IMHO) in the basement, with an Epson 7500UB projector and 135" Elite screen in a light-controlled room. Components include an Onkyo 805, Oppo BDP-83, Toshiba HD-XA2, and Comcast HD STB. 7.1 surround includes include Polk RTi series speakers and an AV123 MFW-15 w/ Seaton/MCCA Turbo kit. Both video and audio were calibrated by Jeff Meier (umr) back in May, so the system is performing as best as it can. Friends that have enjoyed a movie with me are completely blown away by the experience - I'm pretty dang happy with it myself, esp. since I did most of the work converting this to amedia room myself to keep costs down. Oh, I also have a Pioneer Kuro 141 (calibrated my Michael Chen a few years ago) in the great room upstairs for the casual viewing needs, with a 2.1 sound system (5.1 planned soon). Seems like a shame to demote a mighty Kuro like this, but the PQ on it still continues to amaze me.

Please note the pictures were taken as the media room was almost completed (well, will it ever be finished? biggrin.gif). The room now has the equipment rack (to be moved into adjacent room soon), the curtains have changed to dark, light-blocking ones, and a few other minor tweaks. Maybe living w/ a fellow AVS'er might entice me to host a GTG in the near future...

So if you're interested in sharing a house (just two of us, with plenty of space), please PM me and I'll gladly get back to you...thanks!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-07-2013, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello!

I'm in Seattle and need someone to help calibrate my subs for my room. Can you help or point me in the direction of help (perhaps Jeff Meier)? Thank you!
post #3 of 3 Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWash1 View Post

Hello!

I'm in Seattle and need someone to help calibrate my subs for my room. Can you help or point me in the direction of help (perhaps Jeff Meier)? Thank you!
PM sent...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
Reply Help Wanted/Seeking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page