Pioneer FPJ1 / JVC RS2 Calibrated with 2 bulbs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sold! Pioneer FPJ1 / Rebadged JVC RS2. Great condition. No issues. Includes original packaging, 2 bulbs with 500 and 600 hours each, remote, manual, power cord and calibration report. It has the original foam inserts to protect the lens when shipping and lens cap.

This is a fantastic projector and quite deserving of the Kuro name (even if it is a rebadged JVC). The black level is much better than my 8th gen Pioneer plasma. Looks amazing in dark sci-fi movies that my plasma couldn't cut it on in a dark room. Selling because I moved to a new JVC with 3d and lens memory for two screens.

Here's a review of the RS2 from Projector Reviews:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/jvc/dla-rs2/index.php

Buyer pays shipping or local pickup in Fairfax, Virginia. Thanks for looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Strange , didn't you just bought this no more than 2 months ago. You are selling it again!
post #3 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's not that strange really, especially around here. And I'm selling, paradoxically, because I liked the FPJ1 so much. The issue is upgradeitis and obsession with A/V. Lots of people on here have the same disease. I'm quite guilty to my wife's displeasure.

I purchased the FPJ1 to try out a projector. I was previously a Pioneer plasma snob. That was no longer the case after buying the FPJ1 which went far beyond my expectations. I was floored with the picture. And my den worked much better as a home theater than I expected. So I started upgrading my theater. I bought an OPPO blu ray player and a second screen for cinemascope movies. I installed velvet curtains on a track around the den so I could convert it between a family room and a cave. I bought a darbee darblet, which rocks btw.

Now plenty addicted and having determined that the JVC projectors and a 100 inch screen are soo much better than my 60 inch plasma at my seating distance, I decided that I'd put more money into a projector with lens memory to go between the two screens, 3d, and the latest PQ enhancements of the 2012 JVCs (which are fairly minimal). All because I saw how good the DILA picture is with the FPJ1. So, if the kids have to take out bigger student loans in college, that's OK with me, because I have my priorities straight. It's my theater that matters.

It's not rare around here. The guy I bought my RS45 from sold it after owning it only 4 months. We're an obsessive crowd and upgrades happen.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlo View Post

It's not that strange really, especially around here. And I'm selling, paradoxically, because I liked the FPJ1 so much. The issue is upgradeitis and obsession with A/V. Lots of people on here have the same disease. I'm quite guilty to my wife's displeasure.

I purchased the FPJ1 to try out a projector. I was previously a Pioneer plasma snob. That was no longer the case after buying the FPJ1 which went far beyond my expectations. I was floored with the picture. And my den worked much better as a home theater than I expected. So I started upgrading my theater. I bought an OPPO blu ray player and a second screen for cinemascope movies. I installed velvet curtains on a track around the den so I could convert it between a family room and a cave. I bought a darbee darblet, which rocks btw.

Now plenty addicted and having determined that the JVC projectors and a 100 inch screen are soo much better than my 60 inch plasma at my seating distance, I decided that I'd put more money into a projector with lens memory to go between the two screens, 3d, and the latest PQ enhancements of the 2012 JVCs (which are fairly minimal). All because I saw how good the DILA picture is with the FPJ1. So, if the kids have to take out bigger student loans in college, that's OK with me, because I have my priorities straight. It's my theater that matters.

It's not rare around here. The guy I bought my RS45 from sold it after owning it only 4 months. We're an obsessive crowd and upgrades happen.

Preach. I change out faster than the Fedx guy can turn the corner. Its all about the "Pursuit of Perfection" or at least the try to achieve. We are a finiky bunch.

Back on topic. Someone should buy this PJ its one hell of a deal...

In search of video bliss...
Reply Display Devices

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page