Custom Made 2.35:1 Cinemascope/16x9 Projector screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
EDIT: No longer available.

For sale is my beloved custom made fixed cinemascope screen (2.35:1) which also converts to a 16x9 (1.78:1) screen via the attachment of 2 masking pannels to the left and right of the screen (pannels also included in the sale).

Perfect for a constant height set up.

This screen is perfect for anyone that owns a projector capable of auto-detecting 2.35/2.40 material (i.e. the Pannasonic PT-AE4000 or later models) or anyone savvy enough to know how to zoom their projector in for cinemascope movies.

The outcome is epic, and you can watch movies the way a director intended.

Screen is constructed with black out cloth, wood, a non-hotspotting white photography material, and can attach to hooks on your wall.

Unfortunately, I need to sell this as I'm downsizing and moving into an apartment.

Obviously this is large and a large truck or van may be the best way to move this.

Overall dimensions are
59.5" x 130" ( ~ 4.96' x 10.83')

16x9 mode
viewable screen size: 52.5 x 93" (equals an approximately 107" 16x9 screen diag)

Cinemascope mode (2.35:1)
Viewable screen size: 52.5" x 123" (equals an approximately 134" 2.35:1 screen diag)

Local pick up only from the Lewisville, TX area.
Asking price is only a bit more than what the materials would cost you.
I'm planning on moving out completely in the next 3 weeks, so would like to know if there are any takers in the DFW area before then.

Two things are certain in life, death and expensive high-end projectors.