Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
KDH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
ANY OFFERS Heres a killer deal. All less than 6 months old
Zero Edge, LED light kit TBZ115BD1 like new sony projector and 115 black diamond screen. Perfect condition and knock your socks off picture. App 800 hrs on projector Also have the extra new lamp that came with. I have the boxs for shipping. The only thing wrong with either of these is I am BROKE and need to sell. I have a 100% feed back on ebay. I am taking offers. If it doesent sell here in a few days then I am going to put on ebay. And yea it sucks the big one. Ill send pixs to any one wants.
http://www.projectorpeople.com/screens/proddtls.asp?productID=26809
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666490151
It looks just like a big flat screen plasma picture and frame wise
Screen shot. My camera is not so good A little blurry on a couple. The text from the directv is sharp as a tack I just do not have a steady hand.All pixs are from directv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 09:28 PM

Liked: 11
I'm the one who purchased the Sony VPL-HW50es projector and SI Black Diamond Zero Edge screen from Kerry Hibdon (KDH). I wish I could report I'm happy with the transaction, projector and screen. Unfortunately I'm not. I'm actually really PO'd at the moment! I thought I was getting a great deal getting this awesome projector and Zero Edge screen for $6K with only a few months of usage. The screen alone sells for nearly $5K new. I was a little apprehensive about purchasing such expensive equipment from the AVS classifieds without having the buyer protection and resolution center when buying through eBay. I now wish I hadn't pulled the trigger on this sale and purchased the projector and screen new instead. Kerry I would not consider an ethical seller who'll do the right thing when a problem occurs. I would not recommend anyone in the future purchase HT equipment from Kerry if he should ever list items for sale here in the classifieds. Or ebay.

Here's what happened.. Kerry did ship me the projector and screen back in early July after receiving the funds. The HW50ES projector arrived a week or so before the screen. No issues at all with the projector. Love it! Unfortunately the 115" Zero Edge screen arrived damaged. The top reflective coating was damaged during transit causing lines to appear on the screen during light scenes as you can see in the photo attached. The damage without a doubt occurred during shipment. The lines where the screen coating was scraped off form the outline of the inner cardboard "padding" of the box the screen shipped in. We think there was pressure placed against the lid during transit. The friction between inner section of the lid and screen caused the reflective coating to rub off. I'm positive the damage did not exist prior to Kerry shipping it to me. He used FedEx Freight to ship the screen. I did ask Kerry to make sure he obtained insurance for the screen shipment to cover damages in case something happened to it. Kerry claims he did request $3,500 insurance when hiring FedEx Freight. But he doesn't have any paperwork or other proof from FedEx that he had it insured. FedEx is claiming there was no insurance. I noticed the damage after the screen was unboxed and hung on my family room wall. I did PM Kerry that night to inform him of the damage and included photos of the damage. He filed a damage claim with FedEx right away. FedEx is notoriously slow in investigating damage claims. It took several weeks. They sent an investigator here to my home to look at the screen damage. She took photos of the screen damage and shipping box. About 3 weeks ago FedEx concluded they were not responsible for the damage. And they claim the screen was not insured, so they weren't going to pay for screen repairs or replacement. FedEx considers the case closed. Kerry did ask to escalate and speak to a manager in the concealed damage department at FedEx. He's been placed in the queue and still waiting for a phone call from them.
I've been patient throughout this process. But it's been 2 months that I've had this damaged screen. I didn't spend thousands for a damaged screen and degraded image! I contacted Blake at Screen Innovations regarding the damage. Sent him photos of the screen. Blake says the damage to the screen coating cannot be repaired. The screen will have to be replaced. SI does have a lifetime replacement policy on their screens. It's 50% of the cost of a new screen plus shipping. So it would cost about $2,500 to replace this screen. As the buyer, I should not be responsible for paying for the screen replacement. It's always the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer undamaged. That's ebay's policy regarding goods damaged during shipping, so it shouldn't be any different in this case. The screen arrived damaged. It's not my fault there wasn't insurance on the screen. So it should be Kerry, the seller's, responsibility to replace the screen. A few days ago I PM'd Kerry to let him know I wanted to have the screen replaced now as I've waited long enough. I politely asked him to pay 50% of the screen replacement cost. In reality he should pay the entire $2,500 replacement cost, but I'm willing to pay half. Kerry replied back refusing to help pay for the screen replacement. Kerry says the damaged screen became my problem the moment I obtained possession! Even suggested that I be the one to sue FedEx. Unbelievable!! He's the one who hired FedEx to ship the screen and failed to make sure he had insurance. And now the damaged screen is MY problem? I have no doubt I would win if I had purchased the screen from him through ebay and filed a case against him through the resolution center. Unfortunately this isn't eBay. I probably should sue him, but I'm in Arizona and he's in Tennessee. So I'd have to fly across country and take time off from work to take him to small claims court This really sucks as I had to take out a loan to come up with the $6,000 cash to pay for the projector and screen. And now I'll have to take out another $2,500 loan if I pay for the screen replacement. In the end I'll have paid more than the retail cost of a brand new projector and Zero Edge screen. This makes my blood boil!! If the roles were reversed and I was the seller, I would bite the bullet and pay for the screen replacement. It's the ethical and proper thing for a seller to do in a case like this. Unfortunately not everyone in this world will do the right thing and do whatever it takes to avoid responsibility. Even if it means screwing over someone else. I don't think my conscious could take doing something like this to someone else.

post #3 of 12 Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
KDH

This is simple. You received the screen from me to your home. You helped the driver take the screen into your home. You opened the box inspected screen. It was all to your satisfaction. You signed stating as much. The driver leaves. You then later claimed there is a big scratch on the screen. any one can see it from the picture you posted. A claim was started and filed with FedEx because it WAS INSURED. An inspector from FedEx went to you home and inspected the screen and ruled that the damage occurred AFTER DELIVERY.
I do not see how you expect me to share any responsibility for this as it was inspected and shown to have no problem before the delivery people left. An inspector came and made a ruling that damage was done AFTER delivery. That is your sole responsibility.

P.S. every thing that ships ltt with fedex has some insurance. The claim that there was no insurance with fedex is a lie! and not why fedex denied the claim. There can be no claim if there is no insurance!!!!!!
post #4 of 12 Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
KDH

As a side note and warning to fellow AV,ers concerning FedEx.
I called fedex after the flub with the first shipping company. Like I did with the first company, I asked Fed ex the same question: How much to send this size box, that weighs this much, to this address ,with this much insurance? $3500 in this case was the amount I wanted the insurance for. They said x amount. I said good and when can you pick it up, when will it arrive, etc.
Now, when I called to report a possible concealed damage claim I was told at that time that fedex does not insure that way. They stated that there is a certain amount of insurance automatically applied based on whether the shipment is new or used goods and by weight. However, they did not tell me this when I called to make the arrangements and asked about insurance. I was totally misled by fed ex. I was upset to say the least and felt I was lied to. I further pressed the person I was speaking to at fedex and was told that there was a mention of the $3500 insurance in the file.
So beware of how fedex less than truck freight works, as I did not know and felt misled. at no time did they lead me to think or in any way inform me that I had less than $3500 on this shipment before I sent it.
After the fact, when I went to try to file a claim I was I told that I probably did not have $3500 insurance.
They did send an inspector to look at the screen, I assume, to the gentlemen's house and made a determination that they were not at any fault and the claim was denied period, no matter what the insurance amount was.
So just fyi that's how fedex works and they do not tell you until there is a problem.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
KDH

Further, I am asking the moderators of this forum to please review this negative comment on my rating, the circumstances of this situation, and to remove the negative remark. The gentleman ( John Telleria ) inspected the screen and accepted shipment saying all was well. Then later stated there was a problem. Once you inspect and sign for something it's yours. And any one can see the obvious damage to the screen from the picture he has posted. How do I or anyone know what happened after he signed saying the screen was undamaged. He states that he believes the screen was undamaged when I sent it. And it was mint.
So to now claim I am somehow at fault is without excuse.

It does not matter if you buy any item from amazon, ebay or who ever that comes by freight. It is the recipients responsibility to open, inspect, plug in, and turn on all Items because once you sign you are releasing the shipper and the shipping company. It is now yours so to speak. To later claim damage is not going to be honored by any one. This is common knowledge especially to forum members. I feel bad for Mr John Telleria but I am not at fault here. maybe fedex is or maybe he is, I do not know. I know I am not.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-17-2013, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
KDH

Mr John Telleria. I am asking you nicely 1 time to remove the false negative comment you have made in the feed back for me
1 it is simply not true and misleading. I did have insurance on the item sent to you. That is not the problem. You know as well as I do that fedex came to your home and inspected the item after you signed for it and said there was no claim period. Not because of insurance. if there was no insurance why did they come to your home and inspect this. The amount of insurance is in question, yes. but we never got that far.
2 You inspected and accept the item and said all was well.
I will not go back and forth with you. Remove this liable from my name now!
I will also pm this to you. No more warnings or talk.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDH View Post

Mr John Telleria. I am asking you nicely 1 time to remove the false negative comment you have made in the feed back for me
1 it is simply not true and misleading. I did have insurance on the item sent to you. That is not the problem. You know as well as I do that fedex came to your home and inspected the item after you signed for it and said there was no claim period. Not because of insurance. if there was no insurance why did they come to your home and inspect this. The amount of insurance is in question, yes. but we never got that far.
2 You inspected and accept the item and said all was well.
I will not go back and forth with you. Remove this liable from my name now!
I will also pm this to you. No more warnings or talk.

In my past experience using FEDEX they have been very willing to work with me to rectify the situation provided I actually had proof of the insurance. Concealed damage simply means damage not obvious upon delivery. They do no request nor require opening assembling of the unit. The delivery time would be well over 3 hours. I have shipped a Stewart screen to Colorado and one of the braces turned out damaged and they covered it. In a recent situation I shipped a gentleman a bulb which appeared fine but was obviously damaged in shipping, contacted FedEx they denied the claim because we didn't properly package. FedEx is normally pretty good.

Now in this situation, I would recommend a happy medium. Split the costs get it over with. Nothing stated seems malicious or with ill will. The buyer is admitting some level of mea culpe and perhaps you should also. Resolve and move on.

In search of video bliss...
post #8 of 12 Old 09-18-2013, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
KDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

In my past experience using FEDEX they have been very willing to work with me to rectify the situation provided I actually had proof of the insurance. Concealed damage simply means damage not obvious upon delivery. They do no request nor require opening assembling of the unit. The delivery time would be well over 3 hours. I have shipped a Stewart screen to Colorado and one of the braces turned out damaged and they covered it. In a recent situation I shipped a gentleman a bulb which appeared fine but was obviously damaged in shipping, contacted FedEx they denied the claim because we didn't properly package. FedEx is normally pretty good.

Now in this situation, I would recommend a happy medium. Split the costs get it over with. Nothing stated seems malicious or with ill will. The buyer is admitting some level of mea culpe and perhaps you should also. Resolve and move on.

An investigator from fedex was sent to Mr John Telleria home to inspect the screen and box ect. The inspector ruled that the damage was done after delivery, hence Mr John Telleria fault.
He inspected the screen before he accepted it, later he claims damage. A ruling was made by FedEx. It did not go his way so he is trying to take me hostage via the INTERNET. It was shipped and arrived in mint condition.

Mr John Telleria is a proven bald face liar. The simple fact is if there was no insurance as he claimes then why did FedEx send an investigator to his home? He would like to imply (FALSELY)that I did not insure this. That's a lie. The problem is he damaged the screen after he received it. End of story!
post #9 of 12 Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
KDH

Claim was filed with fedex
post #10 of 12 Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
KDH

Recived in good order with no damage signed by Mr Tellerla
post #11 of 12 Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
KDH

[ATTACHMENT
The fedex derermintion after an investagator went to the home of Mr Tellerla. The insurance was for 3500.00 I was able to talk my local good hearted dealer to sell the screen 1 time for the price indacatied. Just to try to help out.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
KDH

These are the facts case closed.
Reply Display Devices

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page