FS : Screen Research Clearpix2 White 110" Motorized Acoustically Transparent Screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
FS : Screen Research Clearpix2 White 110" Motorized Acoustically Transparent Screen

Hi Everyone,

FYI...my ID is new but I have been a reader of AVS for over a decade now and haven't logged on in a long time so I just made a new ID.

I am selling my glorious custom Screen Research screen as I no longer have room for a front projection system after a recent move here to Portland, OR.

Screen Research
Matte White
110" Width
2nd layer of Black Backing to minimize light bleed
Motorized w/ infrared remote
ClearPix2 Fabric
Acoustically Transparent for speaker placement behind screen
16:9 Configuration
MCS-310 controller, infrared eye, and remote

My asking price is $1500. I paid over $6000 when I bought it originally. I will entertain all offers. I am located in Portland Oregon so I would prefer a pick-up arrangement unless the buyer wants to arrange and pay for shipping. This thing is a large and built like a tank (custom made in France) so keep that in mind if you are considering freight.

Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to PM me if you would prefer PM to posting. Again, I am selling because I do not have room for a front projection setup any longer after a move so it needs to find a good home. It is in excellent working condition.

SOME INFO FROM THE MANUFACTURER

"No screen we’ve tested to date matches the acoustical transparency of the Screen Research ClearPix2™ fabric. Now more Home Theater enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the benefits of proper behind-the-screen placement of the center loudspeaker, with no degradation of audio or video performance."
-John Dahl - THX

"The Screen Research products are now certified for Flat Spectral Response and White Field Uniformity. Screen Research should be complimented for supplying a screen that has not compromised accuracy for gain. Something that is increasingly rare these days. "
Joel Silver - ISF

Motorized screens from Screen Research utilized stiffer ClearPix2 fabric which does not require tensioning. The material allows the casing to be at the minimum size, perfect for installation in tight spaces. In brighter rooms or with objects that shine placed behind the screen, black backing is highly recommended.

Key Features:
Screen Research ClearPix2 fabric is a woven fabric made of coated fibers, with a diagonal weave structure. Acoustically transparent, the ClearPix2 motorized screen remains flat without the need for lateral tensioning. This retractable screen is designed for use with loudspeakers placed behind the screen at optimal position for accurate sound imaging. Fabric has black borders and available in Matte White (gain 0.95) or Pearl Grey (gain 0.75) in black or white slim case. ClearPix2 is THX Ultra Certified without equalization.
True Acoustic Transparency
Unlike perforated screens, ClearPix uses a patented fiber structure that is geometrically optimized for a perfect acoustical transparency. There are no holes, and the screen absorbs virtually none of the acoustic energy flowing through it, so there is no need for equalization, and no minimum clearance between the screen and the speakers. Unlike perforated screens, no reflection deteriorates the acoustic response.

Vivid, Moiré-free picture
The holes in a perforated screen create interference patterns known as “Moiré” when used with DLP or LCD projectors. The only way to eliminate these patterns is to use a screen surface with no visible black or dark perforations – which is exactly what ClearPix provides. ClearPix fabrics have been specifically designed to totally discard any interference with a pixel matrix, up to the highest HDTV resolution available.

Flexible off-the-shelf or custom solutions
A range of options are available to fit most of your needs. These include the RCS series of infrared and Radio remote controllers and the MCS series of low-voltage and serial-port controllers. Specific sizes and requirements are available through our custom program.
Optional Black Backing
ClearPix2™ can be provided with an acoustically transparent black backing layer. It prevents unexpected reflections

Thank you!

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm interested and in Portland. Is it 110" wide or diagonally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAD M17/M27, KEF R300 L/R, KEF R600C, Definitive BPX Surround, Definitive DI 6.5s Rear Surround, Epson 5040UB
post #3 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuniman View Post

Hi xuniman,

The width is 110" . I don't remember the diagonal measurement but it is in a 16:9 ratio.

If you want to chat on the phone about it, feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you my number to answer your questions more directly if that would be easier.

Thank you,

Jason

post #4 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hi again Xuniman,

So not that you can't figure this out yourself but with a 110" width the dimensions would be as follows:

Diagonal : 126.2"
Width : 110"
Height : 62"

It has some bordering fabric at the top and bottom per their standard config as well as a very small strip on the sides.

Hope this helps

Jason
post #5 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It helps. I was hoping it was smaller. The 126" is a little too big for my place

NAD M17/M27, KEF R300 L/R, KEF R600C, Definitive BPX Surround, Definitive DI 6.5s Rear Surround, Epson 5040UB
post #6 of 10 Old 07-18-2017, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It helps. I was hoping it was smaller. The 126" is a little too big for my place

I definitely understand...thanks for the interest though.

I'll also post a link to a review of the acoustic properties for those who are interested...

For those interested in the acoustic transparency properties...here is a review done on the screen focusing on the acoustics:

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11...en-6-2004.html

Last edited by Mike Lang; 07-18-2017 at 07:14 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-02-2017, 02:40 PM

Sent you a pm a few days ago. Hope we can connect
post #8 of 10 Old 08-19-2017, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ryan...sorry for the delay in response...I was out of town for two weeks and just returned to town yesterday. Yes the screen is still available. I just sent you a PM. If you still are interested please let me know.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-29-2017, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Sold
post #10 of 10 Old 08-30-2017, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 521
nice to hear you sold it!

JBL Pro Cinema-JTR subwoofers-Sony SXRD projection-Elite AT screen-Denon AVR-Oppo BD player-Acoustimac panels-SeatCraft HT seating
MANCHESTER UNITED!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Devices

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page