Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. 800 DLP lumens
2. 105" diagonal image 16:9
3. full light control
4. seating 15 feet from screen

Been reading this board and haven't come up with any definitive solution. Screen suggestions please (gain, etc)!

Ben Bell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2001, 05:02 AM

Ben,

I talked with Alan Bell yesterday via the phone to cover these issues. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks for the post,

Blake

Blake Brubaker, CTS
Vice President of Sales
Da-Lite Screen Company, Inc.
Old 12-23-2001, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Ben,

At 54*96 (a bit more than 105" diagonal), I calculate that you would get around 16 ft-lamberts on a 1.0 gain screen with the spec'ed 800 lumens. This would be enough for you to get almost any gain screen since you have total light control. However, once you do things like disable the clear section on the colour or get your projector "Thumperized," your brightness will probably drop quite a bit. I think at one point I heard numbers in the 600 lumen range. I'm not to familiar with the LT150, so those aren't firm numbers.

In any case, a Greyhawk or HC DaMat may be a little too low gain. They will still produce an acceptable image (over 8 ft-lamberts), but it won't look as bright as a good movie theatre. It would be hard to tell without actually seeing the setup, it may be bright enough and it would let you keep all the advantages of a grey screen. A lot of people have tried the Da-Lite Hi Power, but I don't have enough experience with the fabric to make a recommendation either way.

Another option to consider is the forthcoming Stewart Firehawk. It has the same advantages of a grey screen and it's much higher gain. I think it's somewhere close to 1.3 gain, which would be perfect for your setup.

Regards,

Kam Fung