1271q and screen setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-25-2001, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am getting a 1271q projector probably this weekend, I have been doing reading on setup of this projector. I have decided to go with a 70" x 52" screen according to PJCalc. Apparently this will give me all aspect ratios. PJCalc does not have this projector in its little database, so I have been looking at the service manual and it says to setup to a 70" screen, I will need to be 6.5' back, this will give me a 70" x 42 1/8" screen. But according to PJCalc I need to be 8' back to get a 70" x 52" screen and align the screen to center at 34" from the bottom of the projector. My question is, was the manual written for the europeon format of 1.66 aspect ratio to determine the 42" and to view the NTSC aspect ratio I need a 52" screen. Now that is out of the way, I need to know what the best material to use to make my own screen. This setup is going to be only used once or twice a week. I need to remove the screen with ease. I was thinking a tripod setup but then I will probably lose a couple of feet with the tripod legs and frankly, it is ugly. So, my other thought is, I have tower speakers that are 31" tall, I was planning on spacing them 70" apart from edge to edge, build a screen with a nice frame and a wide bottom to place the screen onto the top of the speakers. When not in use, I will store it away in my garage hung up in plastic. What have people done for this solution? What material has worked the best to accomplish this with this projector? I have a friend that is an awesome painter, so painting a canvas with a certain color I could do no problem. The other thing I need to build is a rollaway cabinet or table for the meantime until my wife sees this in action and wants it to be permanent (lol). That is the goal, so help me out guys. I know I have tons of questions, but I will wait until I need answers. Thanks!

BS
"To Buy or Not To Buy, that is the question"

http://www.hometheaterclubs.com
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page