SMX ProLine with Sim2 HT3000E - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-17-2008, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,
I'm currently helping out specify a cinema and I've had my attention brought to the SMX ProLine Screens by Sim2. I have currently specified a HT3000E and I am looking at the 120 wide ProLine Fixed Frame screen but am a little unsure what the 25ft projection distance will have on the brightness etc. If this is going to be a problem the projector can be ceiling mounted closer rather than recessed into the back wall.

I will be using the T2 lens which gives a throw ratio between 2 and 3. The proposed projector location works out at about 2.6. There is full ambient light control so I was thinking that combined with the projector throw the white screen would be the one to go for?

Below is a work in progress picture of the design and I know it isn't perfect in terms of the seating but I am having to work with the space that there and there is a requirement for as many seats as possible!

(edit - can't do this till i have 3 posts - doh!)

I've not seen many accounts of people using the Sim2's with the SMX screens (although I'm sure this will change when more people in the UK hear about them via Sim2) so was just wondering what everyone's opinions were.

Any advice or tips are gratefully welcomed!

Cheers

Stephen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2008, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

At the risk of populating a thread with only my posts I've been looking at the dimensions last night and think it may be a better call to go with the 140" 2.35:1 screen to allow for future upgrades to anamorphic - anyone's thoughts?

I will use some kind of masking to achieve about 114" 16:9 until a scalar and lens can be purchased in future.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
SmX
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure of how many people here on AVS are using the HT3000E with an SmX screen but there are a few people here on AVS using the C3X1080 and HT5000 with an SmX screen.

I think the white screen will be the best choice for your application. But if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help you out. You can also try a search on AVS for SMX-Sim2 and maybe you can find some of the threads.

Best regards
Ruben

Follow SmX on Facebook

SmX Video Projection Screens and Masking Systems
WWW.SMXSCREEN.COM
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page