Question for People using the Drapery Controller for Masking System. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2002, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

In another thread i found someone who used a drapery controller to run his masking system. He modified the controller so he could controll it at a panel by his seating area. the link to the site that explains this is here http://web.infoave.net/~jeffwelliott/index.htm

If you click on the Masking system link and then click on the drapery motor, he explains how he modified the drapery controller. I am wanting to do something similar to this, but i am a little lost on what he did. What type of buttons should i use? A normally off - Momentarily on push button to give it power, and what type of switch to use to tell it to go up and to go down? A normal on/off switch or some type of ON/ON switch? Can anyone help explain this to me a little better as to how to do this and what types of switches and wires to use?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2002, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

One more thing...

He also said he has a x10 appliance module inline with it. If i have the the power running through my press button that is a normally off-momentarily on button, why would i need a x10 module? Couldn't i just leave the drapery controller plugged in and then just push the button when i want it to move? Why would i need an x10 module?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-28-2002, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

can anyone give me any tips??
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page