They sent me a motorized 1,0 gain screen instead of the manual 1,5 I ordered. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-25-2002, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got my screen today. An Euroscreen LD 200x200cm wide 1,0 gain motorized screen. I had ordered a 1,5 gain manual screen which is considerably cheaper. :)

The motorized screen is more than twice as expensive as the manual screen but I did buy the 1,5 gain screen because I will buy a 700-800 ANSI-lumen projector soon (maybe LT150) and figured 1,5 gain is a good match. The shop knows about it and doesn't mind me buying it for the price of the cheaper screen. :)

Should I keep the screen or return it and get a 1,5 gain screen? Will it be fine for an LT150 (or equivalent) projector? I'd rather not go through the hassle of returning it if it's a good enough screen. The motorized feature is more of a gimmick than useful feature for me but I don't mind it. :)

I watched some movies today with a borrowed 3M 8745, 1500 ANSI-lumen projector and it's WAY too bright. That projector sucks for HT BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-25-2002, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I'd keep it as it's a more expensive screen. You can always turn out the light and you'd get the difference in gain :D

LT150 will do fine with 1.0 gain though 1.5 gain will be (brighter color wise) slightly--except black level may be less black with a higher gain screen.

Personally I'd keep the motorized screen as it has the cool factor especially if you rig a remote for it :D

Huey ;-]
post #3 of 4 Old 01-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
You might be able to get just the screen replaced instead of the whole projector. Or find someone that want's a 1.0 version and has a 1.5 gain to trade.

Mark

-=-
Mark Hoy - HomeTheater Addict
post #4 of 4 Old 01-26-2002, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll keep it then. It's a very nice screen with no waves or marks. I'm using the 3M right now with some ambient lighting and the picture is plenty bright enough.

Can't wait to get a better projector. :)
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page