Paint for laaarge screen size? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2002, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Just wondering what type of paint people would recommend for a large screen (6.5m x 4.5m) being used with a digital PJ (a InFocus LP435z to be precise).

I'm in Australia, so I'm not looking for brand and shade names, but more general suggestions - I'm thinking either a flat or matte white would be the go, is that about right?

And before you ask, yes, it works quite well at the moment, apart from the marks on the wall! This is the front wall of a squash court, so it's got ball marks speckled all over, and a service line through the middle of the picture ATM... Hence the need to paint it.

Cheers,

Danny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2002, 09:19 PM

i dunno of you intend to play Squash inthere again, but you might want to check out Ken's Goo paint.... looks like real good stuff.
I dunno if he'll ship to Australia tho.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:39 PM

I'm also wondering what characteristics in general make for a good screen paint (large or small) and good screen material. I've seen a few posts talking about drywall screens - I presume that's like gyprock or plasterboard - that's then painted?

rtyuiop - If you do decide to get some goo, let me know how you get on....
It's a bit of a drag being "down-under" - no PLAS-TEX, no goo...

At least the weather is good. :)
Old 02-01-2002, 04:07 PM
KBK
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
We ship global. Give us a few more days....

I'm gonna get a phone, so it can be stuck out of my ear for the next month or so. It's gonna be rough, I suspect. I'll probalby be lucky to have a voice left at the end of the day. Since the company is relatively speaking, global.. the time frame of the calls will be rather open. UG. I suspect about 9am-6-pm eastern US zone, with the odd exceptions.

Ken Hotte

"Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream." -- Malcolm Muggeridge.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Yah TonyB, sometimes it's a bit a shame being down under and hearing about the various good deals and products we have trouble getting here!

KBK, thanks for confirming you can ship globally. I've been thinking about how ScreenGoo would go in my situation - I'd be looking for more gain than most of your digital PJ customers I think. I know that depending on how it's mixed and applied with primer etc. we can change the characteristics of the surface - how much variation is possible?

I'll have to see how I go - the state of the Australian dollar vs. the US at the moment makes importing stuff like this very painful to the wallet!