What is the best acoustic transparent screen currently? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 97 Old 08-14-2013, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not 1 person mentioned how much they cost for the size they are looking at ?? What is the great mystery behind saying what they cost.... other then saying "they are expensive" How expensive are we talking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 08-14-2013, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 60
A 160" wide Enlightor 4k screen retails for around 5.5k or so. A Stewart perf of the same size around 10k. Obviously both can be had for a bit less street.
post #93 of 97 Old 08-21-2013, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi people, sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but I'd just like to ask a quick question if that's ok. I'm having trouble finding a centre speaker for my surround system so I've decided to use the same floorstanding speakers as my left and right ones, but they're tall, so couldn't put the screen above them. Instead I'm thinking of putting them behind a screen.

Is there any acoustically transparent portable screens out there, be it Tri-pod or pull up? Thanks all.

post #94 of 97 Old 08-22-2013, 07:10 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 531
SeymourAV makes a retractable AT screen.
Tyrone Burton likes this.
post #95 of 97 Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I currently have a Carada Criterion (brilliant white) 118" 16:9 screen. I am thinking of going 2:35 motorized screen. What happens if I have a 2:35 screen and watched a 16:9 movie? Black bars on the sides?

I am mostly watching movies (don't even have cable). Btw, I have an epson 6500UB, but will be upgrading to new projector down the road.
post #96 of 97 Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

I currently have a Carada Criterion (brilliant white) 118" 16:9 screen. I am thinking of going 2:35 motorized screen. What happens if I have a 2:35 screen and watched a 16:9 movie? Black bars on the sides?

I am mostly watching movies (don't even have cable). Btw, I have an epson 6500UB, but will be upgrading to new projector down the road.

If you have a 2:35 screen and you watch 16:9 content - cable tv, satellite tv, you will have bars on the sides.  And the reverse is true if one has a 16:9 screen and watches a movie in 2:35/2:40 - the bars are now on the top and bottom of the screen.

I just received my Carada Criterion 118" 16:9 screen in Brilliant White.  It is being installed tomorrow into my HT which is a dedicated HT with no windows and completely light controlled. I can make it as dark as space.  How do you like your Carada?  I thought I was going to get the Classic Cinema White due to my HT set up but David Giles from Carada recommended the BW. Hope it looks great.  I know the BW gets a lot of solid reviews.  I just hope the black level does not suffer too much.  I will be using an Epson 6030 projector.  

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #97 of 97 Old 02-11-2014, 12:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post

If you have a 2:35 screen and you watch 16:9 content - cable tv, satellite tv, you will have bars on the sides.  And the reverse is true if one has a 16:9 screen and watches a movie in 2:35/2:40 - the bars are now on the top and bottom of the screen.

I just received my Carada Criterion 118" 16:9 screen in Brilliant White.  It is being installed tomorrow into my HT which is a dedicated HT with no windows and completely light controlled. I can make it as dark as space.  How do you like your Carada?  I thought I was going to get the Classic Cinema White due to my HT set up but David Giles from Carada recommended the BW. Hope it looks great.  I know the BW gets a lot of solid reviews.  I just hope the black level does not suffer too much.  I will be using an Epson 6030 projector.  

I like it very much. Very watchable in the daytime too with room darkened curtains. I had a 92" for 6 months then upgraded to 118" which is going to be reaching its 4th year soon (both Carada Criterion brilliant white) using the same Epson 6500UB. The problem is the fixed screen is in my living room but the wifey never complains. I just have an upgrade itch to a motorized screen but will be moving in about 2.5+ years so I am more confused as to what to do. biggrin.gif
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page