Unique Screen Size for Piano - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-28-2002, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody,
I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the screen size ratio is for using all the pixels w/ the Plus Piano? I know that for full resolution of the DMD is 800 x 600 (4:3) and 848 x 480 (16:9), so would the screen have to be for 848 x 600 to use both modes?
How do I figure out a screen size for this? Does anyone have a formula for figuring this screen ratio for size out? I have the formulas' for figuring a 4:3 as well as a 16:9 screen (got them from an article in Home Theater Magazine). I guess the screen size would be something like 1.41:1 or something like that. If anyone has some more info on this, I would really appreciate it.

"Life doesn't get much better than watching a DVD movie blown up to near-theater size in the comfort of your own home" - Sound & Vision Magazine June 2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-28-2002, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After reading through the Piano manual, all the articles in HT mags, and discussions in these threads about aspect ratio's, I actually got a headache thinking about it. After using this info as a starting point, what I finally did was back into my final screen size and aspect ratio. I threw up images on the wall of various 16:9 anamorphic/non anamorphic and 4:3 DVD material to the sizes that fit my wall and appealed to me...stepping thru the Piano's aspect ratio menu of course. I marked everything with masking tape and then decided what I liked best. I then had both my Piano mounting position and the screen size and aspect ratio. Maybe this wasn't the scientific approach but it seemed like a good idea at the time and I arrived at my decision rather quickly. And it was then a simple matter of building my Parkland Screen. What I'm really waiting for is bublitchki's posting that he finally made a decision on aspect ratio's and built/bought a screen:)

Gene
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page