Anyone using 16/9 ScreenWall w/ Horizontal maksing? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-03-2002, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone using a Stewart ScreenWall 1.78 w/ HORIZONTAL ElectriMask? I understand most people who use the Horizontal ElectriMask use a native 4:3 screen and use the masking to achieve all other aspects. However, I have a couple problems with this,
1. I want a 16x9 screen (I will also match with a 16x9 native FP), BUT with the benefit of masking for 2.35 ect.. This rules out Vertical Masking since I want a 1.78 native screen due to room size limitations. I don't really have the room "Height" to go with a 4:3 screen that will still give me the 1.78/2.35 dimensions I want after masking, at least unless I don't mind having the bottom edge of the screen being maybe 12" from the floor, which I don't like the sound of (ceiling height will be about 6'10" finished, and I imagine there will be several inches at the top for the housing/frame which will further lessen the overall vertical height I will have for the actual viewable screen area).
2. I plan on watching maybe only 15% or so Satellite TV, rest will be DVD. So this is another reason why the Vertical Masking is perhaps less of what I am looking for, 2.35 viewing will be more important then 4:3.
So, I was thinking of getting a 1.78 (45x80) Stewart FireHawk ScreenWall w/ Horizontal ElectriMask, but was wondering if this is a big mistake since most seem to use 4:3 screens with Horizontal masking. One thing I thought I would do was to just use Velcro or something, to quickly attach/unattach black velvet or similar material as masking for the occasional 4:3 viewing.
So far, I think the only other solution, albeit a very expensive one, would be to go with the Ultimate 4-Way screen, however, I’m reluctant to invest in this for such a small screen, I would definitely pay the money if I could have a larger screen though. This is especially unattractive since I think we may build a bigger theater in a couple years when we get into a new house, not sure though. Thanks in advance, I greatly appreciate any help.

Jim
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page