da-lite glass bead model 'b' troubles.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-03-2002, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What a drag.
I have in my posession a 70x70 da-lite model 'b' pulldown 2.5 gain glass beaded screen, purchased one month ago.

A month ago, I installed it and pulled it down about 2/3 of the way, and left it thinking there would be less wear on the glass beads, and less of them would end up on my floor if I just left it hanging down

This weekend I get around to moving some furniture out of the way and pull it all the down so now the screen is square, and lower and easier on the neck.

I fire up the PJ ..and..

there's a black bar/shadow approx 2" tall going horizonally from edge to edge., that shows up predominantly in white scenes about 18" to 2 feet from the top of the screen.

It's as if the screen is smoother in this area and has lost a good part of it's glass beads
My guess is the beads got crushed/rubbed off the area while the screen was
partially pulled-down.?

has anyone else seen this? did I just buy a dud? is there a fix? did I screw up by mis-use? is this the nature of glass beaded screens and I've just learned the hared way?

Can I re-distribute the glass beads with a brush or something.?

thanks
Jim :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd complain to your dealer or Da-lite themselves. Ask for a new screen. Keep in mind thou the model B is a cheap screen. Price and quality.

True bravery is arriving home late after a boy's night out, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and still having the guts to ask: Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page