Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a JVC HD750 projector. My room is dedicated with the following dimensions: 18'-5" length,14'-8" width and 7'-9" high. I have one row of seats 16' from the front of the room. In the future I would like to project in widescreen. I want to buy a fixed screen now that will accomodate this, the screen will be wall mounted. I will manually mask the unused portion of the screen when I view 16:9. I need suggestions for a screen that will utilize the projected image quality to its fullest. With this projector do I need an anamorphic lens? I can totally control the light in the room. Also what is the maximum recommended screen size?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

I have almost the exact size room and I have a Carada 136" screen (10' x 5') with a JCV RS-1. Is is spectacular and I really enjoy it. My recommendation is to get the biggest screen you can get. I was going to get a 100" screen then saw the 136" and was smitten. My counsel? Try to see the largest screen that will fit before you go smaller.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Now I have to figure out this CIH thing and rob a bank or win the lottery to get an anamorphic lens.
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page