Screen for Panny 711xu - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-06-2002, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for a good screen for my upcoming panny 711xu.

My HT is 11.5 x 29.5 x 7.1 (W x L x H) completely light controllable and seating will be at roughly 14ft and 19ft.

I am limited to a 60x80 due to the low ceiling. I will be masking to 16:9 as described at projector central.

Viewing will be split up pretty evenly between DVD, TV and video games (D@#$ teenagers).

Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated, want to do it right the first time...

Mike J.
Better sound in my car than in my house... for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-06-2002, 04:35 PM
dm
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=119320

Gidden flat Universal Grey painted DIY screen worked well for me. I painted some 1/8 inch thick hardboard (similar to peg board material but with out the holes) cut to 46" x 81" with primer and the Gidden paint. Then screwed it to the wall with 1x3 black painted wood frame to trim it down to 45x80 16:9. Cost about $45 total in materials.

I use a Da-lite Model B 57x60 manual pull down for 4:3 aspect ratio stuff (cost about $100 shipped) that pulls down in front of the wall screen.

My projector has a zoom lens so I zoom in for the smaller width 4:;3 aspect ratio screen. I prefered the smaller screen for 4:3 stuff since most of that is NTSC line doubled (with dscaler) video that has lower quality.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page